Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Rogue

Prayers Needed Please

Princess

Update on my cousin. She's back in the hospital, she was so weak that she couldn't even pick up her legs. She's in a lot of pain but they had to take her off of painkillers because nothing has been passing through to her colostomy bag. They think that she may have a blockage, but it could be a side effect of painkillers because they slow everything down. She's also been having problems with the seal on her bag and the stoma site, because her bag has been leaking, the site has been infected. She is facing another surgery for the infected stoma site and then another one to find out why she's not passing anything. She's in really rough shape. :(

Ayingel

D: Definitely in my prayers

Princess

My mom and I are most likely going to go see her on Sunday

Princess

Actually she had surgery this morning. No one told me because they thought I was stressed enough as it was

Princess

*sigh* Yesterday morning we were told that she was doing better. Last night around 11, I got a text from my aunt who was down there babysitting the kidlets, that they were back in the ER again

Princess

And she has another blockage...

Pandora

My goodness. More prayers coming y'all's way.

Princess

She was in the ER for 2.5 hours just in the waiting room wanting to die she was in so much pain

Pandora

Bless her heart.

Princess

*sigh* It just keeps getting worse. My opinion of her doctor fell significantly today when she has lab results indicating a small bowel obstruction, and her doctor is saying that it's scar tissue and they can keep her for 72 hours and if it doesn't clear up then she can have a laproscopy where they try to take out scar tissue, but this could happen again and she'd just have to live with it. Rael (her husband) and her dad are thinking about getting her pain under control and taking her to Mayo's emergency room

Ayingel

6 years ago today, my grandfather died. My youngest aunt and grandmother are still taking it pretty hard = \

Pandora

I have a colleague and pretty good friend named David (I brought him into our business) and he has been dealing with some very serious health problems. I don't know the extent of all of it, but he's been in and out of the hospital for months now. He's a very nice, incredibly generous person, and when I saw him at our business meeting last night, it occurred to me that he's acting like a man that knows he's not long for this Earth. This is an average guy that got into a bidding war with millionaires for charity and mortgaged his condo to win. Please send up a prayer for him.

Princess

My cousin is having the surgery to remove her colostomy and hook everything back up tomorrow. Apparently it's a much simpler procedure, but she's had so many complications already...

Jake Durron

Hope your cousin is doing good, Prin!

My great grandmother is dying. They're only giving her a couple days. I really wish my mom didn't have to deal with this. I'm asking for everyone to keep my mom in their prayers and to pray Gammy goes peacefully.

Ayingel

A friend of mine was nearly injured in an explosion at a bank in Wuhan, China yesterday. Something told him to stay put at work and not give up on his bad day, and it's a good thing he did. Instead of our normal prayers of asking for help, I'm asking for prayers of thanks for keeping him safe.

Pandora

You got it. That is so fortunate!

But in the meantime, please pray for my best friend from high school's family. Her brother's girlfriend called the family about 30 minutes ago to find her brother who was talking pretty serious about suicide. There's no answer at his house and their mother is with the police about to break in the door.

Pandora

Okay, that goodness for text messages and facebook. Update: the police broke into his house and found him asleep but alive. He's apparently got a history of suicide attempts, so they're transporting him for evaluation. Information is going from Memphis where he lives to DC, where my friend lives, back to me in Memphis, so there's all this confusion. But the blessings are he's alive, family and friends are working together to get him the help he needs.

Like I said in my lecture on suicide prevention yesterday.... this, this right here is why I got into psychology.

Drake

Please pray for my girlfriend and her family. Her brother committed suicide in the early hours on Saturday morning. I have been with her continually this weekend until now when I had to go home to sleep for work this week. I know that the alone time will be the hardest.

Pandora

Prayers certainly with her family, and you. Drake, if you feel you need someone to unload to while you're being The Shoulder, I'm available.

Princess

I'm so sorry Drake. Suicide is a terrible disease, even the Catholic Church is starting to view it that way.

My dad had his right hip replaced today. Surgery went very well, please pray for a speedy recovery.

Ayingel

My good friend Matt's dad isn't doing so hot right now. On top of all his kidney problems, he went into the ER last night with fluid on his heart. They've finally diagnosed him with congestive heart failure (Matt and his mom have been trying to convince him to go in for this problem for months). Hopefully he'll be out of the hospital tonight, but only if he's ready (the hospital he's at right now nearly killed him when he head surgery on his heart a few years ago). Please pray for the family to provide strength to Matt's dad and for whatever course that is advised to be taken.

Radioactive Isotope

My coworker lost a patient today. The guy came in (outpatient) for a routine stress test and coded. Coworker was not doing well. I got called in around 11ish to take over so he could leave. Seeing him like that really freaked me out. So please keep him and the patient's family in your thoughts.

Princess

Ouch

Radioactive Isotope

Yeah. He's been a tech for 21 years and never had anything like that happen. He's back today and so far I haven't gotten a call to take over, so I guess he's doing about as well as can be expected. It's one of the hazards of medicine and we all pray it never happens to us.

Princess

Yes, and obviously the patient was having a stress test for a reason

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.