Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Rogue

Prayers Needed Please

Radioactive Isotope

We just got word that someone we know was in a really bad car wreck and was rushed to the hospital. Right now he's not in good shape, so please keep him in your prayers.

Ayingel

An update on my friend: She opened her eyes a little and looked around a bit last night around 10 pm and received a transfusion around 11. Things are starting to look up for her.

Edit: They diagnosed her with Streptococcus Pneumoniae shortly after I left yesterday.

Sorry about your friend JM :(

Edited by Ayingel

Princess

I'm glad that she's doing well. That's a nasty bacteria

Princess

My cousin with Chron's disease really needs some prayers right now. She's been in the hospital since Saturday all inflamed and bleeding. They can't get it under control with the usual meds so they started her on one last med and if that doesn't work she'll have to have surgery to remove the most irritated parts of her colon and put in a colostomy bag until everything calms back down.

Ayingel

= \ That sounds awful. Definitely gonna pray for her...

Pandora

Oh my goodness. I have a friend with Chron's and I know it tears her up. She is in my prayers.

Princess

Yeah and they have a 2 year old and a 6 month old

Pandora

Oh man. The whole family is in my prayers too. Keep us posted?

Princess

Will do. I've offered to go down there and help them, but her mom is retired and dropped everything to go take care of the kids

Ayingel

I'm glad she was able to step in!

Princess

Retirement is good for that

Princess

Got an update from my cousin today. Things aren't going well and she may end up having her entire colon removed

Ayingel

What does that leave her with? It doesn't seem that a colon transplant is something they do...

Princess

A colostomy bag for life

Radioactive Isotope

I found out this morning that a frequent poster on one of my other boards has died. Primary indications are it was a suicide. It's hit the community there particularly hard, so keep his family in your prayers please.

Princess

My cousin is having her colon removed on Tuesday. She's going to have a colostomy for three months before they do another surgery to give her some sort of a replacement. For the next 3 months, she's going to only be allowed pureed foods and soups. So if you have any good recipes, please PM them to me.

Pandora

I just found out a colleague if mine was killed last night. She was my age and leaves a husband and two young kids. She taught me how to hire people.

Princess

I'm sorry Pod *hugs*

Jake Durron

Oh damn! I'm sorry baby!

Princess

Visited my cousin today. She's putting on a brave face for everyone before her surgery tomorrow. I'll be going down on Thursday night to help watch the kids because she may be coming home on Friday and they're supposed to be moving this weekend too

Princess

Surgery went perfectly! I'm heading down tomorrow night to watch the munchkins until Sunday

Pandora

Good! Glad to hear it!

Ayingel

Good to hear!

Jake Durron

I hope the replacement surgery goes just as successfully.

Mara

During the storm earlier today, a man was killed when a tree fell on his garage. So prayers for his family.

The crazy part is it happened almost exactly a mile north of where our house is.

But so far, that's the only fatality, though there's a lot of trees and power lines down.

And this is a bit late, but it still warrants prayers:

I assume it's been on national news, but anyway, this past Thursday we had a mass murder in G.R. Seven people were killed (eight including the shooter taking his own life), including the suspect's ex-girlfriend and his daughter.

I'm not sure when they were killed, but I believe the bodies had been discovered around 3pm or so. And then in the evening the interstate was closed down when the police chased the suspect, during which he shot at a couple of other people, who luckily were only wounded. He eventually drove to the closest house and took hostages, before finally killing himself that night.

Anyway, prayers for all the families, friends, the cops, anyone else effected by this.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.