Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

TheUnknown

Jurassic World Trilogy

Andy

It's okay if you remember that the film universe is totally different to the novel universe. lol

Mara

Yeah... the last couple times I saw it... I'm getting used to it.

If I turn off my mind, it's fairly enjoyable. :p

But I still like III better than Lost World.

Andy

You liked JP/// better than TLW?

Wait; you liked JP/// at all!?

Crazy lady.

Uncle Du

I have a hard time trying to view movie universes differently than the book universes they're based on. :p

Mara

You liked JP/// better than TLW?

Wait; you liked JP/// at all!?

Crazy lady.

That's me.

Come on, the spinosaurus? AWESOME.

Andy

It was some crazy mutated monster that happened to look like a Spinosaurus aegyptiacus.

Why would it fight Tyrannosaurus rex? It wouldn't; spinosaurids ate fish. :roll:

Mara

Because it was angry?

Uncle Du

Because the people had seen what a T-Rex was capable of and we were bored with it and we wanted something new and fresh and spinosaurus was the answer.

:p

Wasn't that an awesome run-on sentence. ;)

Drake

You know what's better than a Tyrannosaurus Rex?

More than one.

Instead of the Spinysaurus, they should have just had more T-rex's. Like, at least ten. :p

Uncle Du

Brilliant!!

*craves a Guinness now*

Andy

More than one.

Instead of the Spinysaurus, they should have just had more T-rex's. Like, at least ten. :p

That would have been a logical step, there was one in JP, 3 in TLW, so logic dictates there should have been even more in JP/// :p

If they really wanted a dino battle they could have had a T.Rex royal rumble. ;)

Tsl

JP III did kinda pwn JP II....but they both sucked ass, so it's kind of a moot point :p

*runs away*

Mara

More than one.

That would have been a logical step, there was one in JP, 3 in TLW, so logic dictates there should have been even more in JP/// :p

If they really wanted a dino battle they could have had a T.Rex royal rumble. ;)

Yeah... but they were different islands.. :p

(And, DU. I have seen worse run-ons. :p)

Mara

I saw those; kind of excited that they're using the same place as the first film.

And if I remember, Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard are listed for the cast, though it could be just rumor.

I'm hoping, since they put it on hold a bit to 'make it better', that it's actually going to be good.

Mara

It's being reported that Vincent D'Onofrio has been cast as the villain in Jurassic World.

Link

Andy

Do you realise that by the time this film is released this thread will be about 10 years old? :p

Mara

That's because it's taken that long for it to become a reality. ;p

I just hope it's worth it, lol.

Mara

Might we be getting a whole new Jurassic trilogy?

In a recent interview, director Colin Trevorrow seems to be hinting at the idea that Jurassic World will just be the start of a new story arc... and not just a stand-alone film.

Link

This kind of excites me.

But in the meantime, we have to wait till next summer -- June 12, 2015 -- for Jurassic World,

starring Chris Pratt, Omar Sy, Bryce Dallas Howard, Jake Johnson, Irrfan Khan, Judy Greer, Vincent D'Onofrio, Nick Robinson, Ty Simpkins, and BD Wong (the only returning actor from the original film).
Edited by Mara

Andy

I'm guessing that the sequels will depend on the success of this one. I'm quite intrigued so far though. :)

Mara

Most definitely.  But it is an exciting prospect.

Mara

Michael Giacchino has been tapped to write the score for Jurassic World.

Apparently since John Williams is busy with Star Wars VII. So I don't mind.

Giacchino has mostly done Pixar movies, winning an Oscar for Up!, and is a regular collaborate with J.J. Abrams.

link

Edited by Mara

Mara

More confirmed rumors!

(May contain spoilers, depending on how surprised you want to be when the film opens... so click on links at your own risk).

Interview with director Colin Treverrow -- he confirms some of the recent leaks about the film.

link to original scoop, before confirmation

Sounds like Jurassic World has the potential for awesome.

Andy

Oohh, the more I hear about this sequel the more I want to see it. Which is good because I've been dreading JP4 for a long time.

Mara

Yeah, I had been as well, when it was first mentioned years ago. And I was glad when I had heard the idea had been scrapped.

But now, with the people involved and everything I've heard so far, I feel like it's going to be a good 'un.

Edited by Mara

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.