Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Andy

GBnet's first birthday!

Andy

It's a special occasion here today - GB is one year old!

Lets see... Why doesn't everyone (especially the older members) say their Favourite moments, funniest times, worst and best events and things like that you can remember from the past year.

If you want you can say how you found the site, or something. This will be put together for an article when GBnet [v4] is launched!

Drake

Happy b-day GB!! :party:

Although I havn't been here as long as many of you folks, I've come to consider you all my good friends...no, scratch that...we're not just friends, we're a family now.

I first heard of the wonderful GalacticBasic, back in the day (October) through a few sources (Ana, Rogue, GI) and all of the crazy antics that happened here. The thing that interested me the most had something to do with the death of a bird and GI ended up being killed by lethal injection...haha.

I can't really remember any specific moment that I found great because it honestly all was great...except of course for the grudge with Pod.

Well...I've talked enough. Someone else can go now.

CorSec

Although I havn't been here as long as many of you folks, I've come to consider you all my good friends...no, scratch that...we're not just friends, we're a family now.

Aye Aye to that Drake

I feel so NooBish bein here for a month or so..but the thing is, I had known of GB for ages. Way back long long ago on the Star Wars Message Boards, in a little thread known as the JPL....Beeurd arrived or returned...seems a bit sketchy now. He advertised GB a bit :wink: and I welcomed him to the JPL. I think I remember him asking if I was a Corran from GB or something. It was months later though, when I had some spare time and wasnt so lazy, that I finally signed up..just after christmas..on the holidays..Its been great so far :D Party! Whoo!

:party::cheers: :party:

Rogue

:party:

Good times....My fight w/ Kaelis, many ventures into the house of Pain...Ewings crashing through the roof of my cantina...(the old one!)

Admiral Daala

I gotta say I love this place alot better then starwars.com. They are way to strict. Every thread here would be locked. But I still feel like an idoit whenever I come here.

Rogue

Don't! We love you here, Girl! You're one of us.

Admiral Daala

Calm down! I am staying! I would never leave!

Rogue

I didn't say that you would...i said not to feel like an idiot.

Wyld_Knight

Um...Cheers and all that :cheers:

TheUnknown

I first came to GB after getting some ideas to add to The Jedi Punks. Come to think of it, I never found away to work any of those ideas into the story. To tell you the truth, I had avoided the story for months thinking it was really one of those "Anakin Solo/Jaina Solo/etc is a jackass threads." Finally, I read it and promptly laughed my ass off. I still don't know where that donkey fell.

This is like family. In fact, I like you more than I like much of my real family. Well, some of you I hate just as much. :p

Some of the moments that come to my mind are the second awards ceremony, the funeral for my modem, the fight with Kaelis, my fights with Pod, and others.

I would also like to raise a toast for all of the Psychos who no longer frequent this place for various reasons. I can't name them all, so I won't name any. But, may they one day return to us. :cheers:

Bad furday

I remember first signing up for GB the day the Punks' Convo Thread was locked on the SW messageboards. It was a change from what I was used to, but now everyone on GB is like a family to me. I'm convinced that this is the reason why I managed to stay insane during my first year here at college.

As far as favorite memories go, there's all of the parties and chaos in Rogue's Cantina ( the old one), the Beach Party, the awards ceremonies, The rodian in carbonite, trips in the speeder, random poking and prodding, the list goes on and on...

Link

*smiles* I remember Rogue getting perturbed because I wouldn't drink the lomin...

Drake

I don't think I was ever offered one of those...

Link

yeah you were. And I also remember mine, ana, pod and Makia's road trip lol

Rogue

The road trip!

OMG! Do you remember the PM Makia sent around? Jaina, and Jag, and Corran!

Bad furday

I remember the row it caused..never did get to actually read it...pity.

Andy

lol! The infamous PM... I still can't believe she did that...

Rogue

LOL! I'd love to find that thing and send it to Twi...she'd be scarred for life!

Bad furday

If anyone does have a copy saved somewhere, I 'd like to see it too...

Andy

Sith! I almost forgot!

*runs around his comp*

Admiral Daala

God this place is to funny. I asked one of my friends to join (he has visited) and he said he was well afraid of Link. I dont want to know.

Link

ugh... that thing...

Bad furday

*laughs*

Admiral Daala

What thing Link? No seroulisy!(sp) He read the Psycho Weekly and said the writer needed help and Link was odd. Then he read a few threads and told me he was now afraid of Link.

Rogue

*writes down in the GBnet FABULOUS FIRSTS book*

Feburary: Somebody fears Link...