Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Princess

Why Political Leaders Need to Read Destiny's Way.

Princess

I just entered this in a scholarship cpmtest so I thought I'd put it on here to see what you huys think.

Normally in a contest like this, a book like War and Peace or Crime and Punishment, something heavy and philosophical, would be talked about. I can see a message in a different book though. Destiny?s Way by Walter Jon Williams is the latest book in the Star Wars Expanded Universe New Jedi Order series. The galaxy has been invaded by intergalactic warriors called Yuuzhan Vong, who are intent on taking over that galaxy. The people of the New Republic have lost their capital of Coruscant to the invaders. Despite the hardships that the people of the New Republic have faced: the death of the Chief of State, a divided Senate, the death of many Jedi Knights, the fall of their capital, the fall of many worlds that caused the death of many innocent people; the people of the New Republic still fight for their freedom and beliefs. In Destiny?s Way, they are setting up a new capitol on the planet of Mon Calamari and electing a new Chief of State.

I think that this book shows a good example that political leaders can choose from. We have been attacked on our homeland and now we are fighting for our beliefs and freedom, like the people of the New Republic. Picking up the pieces from attack can be hard; we are learning that here in the US. The people of the Star Wars galaxy are also learning that. They are doing more than fighting. They are wondering what has happened to loved ones who were on Coruscant or other planets at the time the planet fell to the Yuuzhan Vong, but they are still fighting. War all over the world has made people wonder what has happened to family members, but we still find the courage to fight for our values and beliefs.

The political fate of the New Republic is unstable at the beginning of the book. Throughout the book though, they work to reestablish their government. Many countries all over the world are reestablishing war torn governments at the time. Destiny?s Way shows an example of how a corrupt war torn government can be restructured to become a moral government. The new Chief of State, Cal Omas, has to face many difficulties on his way to becoming Chief of State and when he becomes Chief of State. Attempts on his life are made, he must soothe tempers in the Senate, and he must work to solve the conflict that the Senate has about the Jedi. Despite all of the problems that Omas faces, he puts the good of the galaxy before his own needs. Omas is an example of a leader that many political leaders could learn from. Walter Jon Williams was able to show a ray of hope in a galaxy filled with despair in Destiny?s Way. By reading this book, political leaders can learn that no matter how low things may seems, eventually they will get better.

Admiral Daala

<That sounds very good.>

Princess

Thanks

Master MJade

[glow=darkblue:cac26a0036]*applauds*[/glow:cac26a0036]

Princess

Awwww sith! I forgot the website where I entered this contest!

Ender

Interesting...

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.