Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Andy

Official RPG Discussion Thread

Master MJade

i'm Confused.......

Corran_Horn2

why?

Sticks

Hey, I wanna join!

One question: could someone pleeze explain to me how to play?

I'll try to think of a character.

MDN2

No, honestly! I'm trying to think of where I could be a politician from, though.

Rogue

You could be a senator on Coruscant...

MDN2

No, I'm the Senator from Tatooine. I'm called Danash Milwar. Further details will follow shortly.

Rogue

Oh, thats good. we need to vary our charactors a little more....

I have a question. What about when we need to use other charactors in our plot? How will this happen?

Czulkang Lah

Well, I guess the GM could just throw some random character in there.

Two things:

1. As far as I know, we don't have a GM yet, at least not someone who's experienced.

2. Honestly, all online RPG's I know end up turning into something like Jedi Punks. A big story, written by many people. I don't have a problem with that, but you guys probably want an RPG, not a serious version of Jedi Punks.

Those are my thoughts.

Rogue

No, you can be anything you want...Sith, smuggler, politician(unlikely)

MDN2

Sorry Rogue. I want to be a politician. Not the Supreme Chancellor, though. Well, not yet...

Rogue

I never thought I'd hear those words....

Rogue

great, the more the Merrier!!!

MDN2

Do we have to be Jedi? Everyone else is. I want to be something different.

MDN2

I want to join! Let me just think about my character...

Rogue

Yeah...I think so....

Czulkang Lah

Definetely.

Um, I have one question: Does Aurora have a lightsaber, or will she be building one? It' okay for you to have more than one weapon. For example, Rakhrbakr has a lightsaber and a Stoklhi Spray Stick.

MsSolo

Name: Aurora. No last name

Background: Brought up in the unknown regions in a force-sesitive community. THe founder of the community broke away from the main jedi force after hearing about the Anakin Skywalker prophecy, seeing it for what it really was: a portent of a sith, rather than a jedi. She also had her own particular philosophy, that she slowley wove into the philosphy of her community - the dark side of the force did not exist.

The community decided to use selective breeding and sterilisation techniques to only produce force-sensitive test-tube babies, but with limited power. Up until the age of fifteen, children were educated within the community and given basic force training. At fifteen they would be taken on by a 'master' to complete their training until the age of twenty. They would then spend 10 years in the outside galaxy (basically the rest of the star-system the community was based in, they were a very sheltered people) before returning to take an apprentice or teacher the younger children. Betweeen each stage the student would spend a week in the wild to get closer to nature and the force.

Aurora was born into this community. While she was spending her weel in the wild before becoming an apprentice, there was a festival and all of the members of the communioty came together. She returned to the community to find it completely destroyed, with the words 'SIth Jedi defiers' scrawled all over the walls. The bodies of everyone she had ever known were sprawled across the complex.

Since then she has been on her own, exploring a galaxy she had never dreamed could be so complex while a the community. SHe joined a squadron known s the 'Angels' in the unkown regions. The Angels were originally a secret poilice force that 'removed' thise their government disliked using a truth serum that while making the victim speak the truth, slowley ate away the their synapses and killed the victim. The government that the Angels had belonged to collapsed, and by the time Aurora joined them they were a lost group of orphans with hightech ships and equipment but nothing to do with them. The members are Tria - a scientist, Sophia - a nurse, Steel - an albino mechanic and Aurora's love interest, and Marcus - the navigator. IT a soley human squadron, all descneded from humans taken by thrawn into the unkown regions, drawn together by the racism they have experienced under the Chiss.

After Aurora arrived, they took on a part similar to privateers, using the veritaserum to identify traitors and criminals. Tria was discovered not only an antidote, but also an alternative that rather than killed only resulted in paralysise until the antidote was administered. They took the paralysed victims to an Imperial prison world. Various officials and captins of commercial freighters would pay the angels to board their ships and find criminal before they tarnished any reputations.

Aurora hides her force-sensitivity, frightened by what happened to her kin. She blames the jedi for the attack on her people, but doesn't desire vengeance, assuming that it was done by a rougue jedi (she thinks Kyp Durron).

Equipment: SHe carries the classic weapon of her people, but disguises it. It's a metal ring with very sharp edges, and she uses the force to guide it when she throws it(think Xena Warrior Princess ringthing). She wears it on her head as a halo, much to the amusement of the Angels' empoyers. SHe wears pastel coloured clothes and a short hooded white cape as symbols of her squadron.

Affiliation: Chaotic, I guess. She doesn't want to cause trouble, but will.

Talents: she can't use tlk, but is very talented at telepathy. Her forte is dreams, as she has found a way to enter people heads as they sleep and deliever messages to them through their dreams, or nightmares. She good with her haloblade, but not perfect. Her unwillingness to use her forcetalents to their full extent may be her downfall, as may be the fact she has kept her past a secret.

Detailed enough? :wink:

Grand Moff Tarkin

Going slightely off here :wink:

MsSolo

Some1 better organise this thing! All us little RPG wannabes wandering around in a state of confusion, talking deliriously about noghri jedi dying like Volcens (determined to bring vrigil up everwhere I go tonigt, dunno y)

Aurora - female Jedi from a sect the OR chucked out for not believing in the dark side of the force. Keeps this a secret. jedi talent - messing with peoples dreams.

Is that the srota stuff we need? More or less detail?

Corran_Horn2

I guess its ok

Mine is a Jedi Knight-X-wing pilot

Rogue

Hmmm what should I be? I wanted to do the pilot jedi thing...but that seems to be taken....any suggestions?

Corran_Horn2

hmm, what about a dancer?? :lol:

Czulkang Lah

Well, the one thing I do know is that you'll need a lot more detail for your character. Here's a few examples, just off the top of my head.

Background Story- Write a little something about your character to give the others an idea of what you're talking about.

Equipment- Weapons, armor, clothes, all that jazz...what they like to use, and what they don't.

Allignment- I honestly have no idea if this can apply to a SW RPG. Allignment is basically your...um, your allignment. For example: Good, Chaotic(Neutral), or Evil. There may also be Chaotic Good and Chaotic Evil, I'm not quite sure.

Abilities- What you specalize in: Hand to Hand Combat, Stealth, deception, etc. If you're a Jedi, you should list any strengths or weaknesses or special abilities here. (A good example of this is Corran Horn: While he couldn't use telekinesis to save his life, his entire family has the rare Jedi ability of energy absorption.)

Also, try to organize your character's description post in a format similaer to above. It makes everything much simpler tounderstand.

Hope that helped.

Corran_Horn2

And you told me to expect a few only...

anyway,here goes..:

Background: ok, so my character (name's Dan i'll-add-the-last-name-later) comes from an old lineage of pilot-jedi ppl who ,well, are good t what they do, he's from corellia, likes Corellian whiskey and lomin ale and loves to hang out in Treasure Ship Row :grin:

Equipment: lightsaber (duh) with metal blue (silver blue) beam color , blaster, black flightsuit, X-wing, cloth (yeah, im not naked ya know), comlink, glow rod.

Allignment:Jedi, mostly good but not a completely-good-guy-he's-my-hero kinda guys.

Pilot, really egotistical and good pilot, loves ppl recognizin he's really good (he IS, that's what saves him)

Abilities: hmm, absorb/disipate energy (cool ability), alter mind, telekinesis.

That's it

other abilities: good X-wing pilot and knows to fly many other ships, good atr laserfights, very good with sword :grin:

k that's it, I hope that's enough for ya all to understand my characetr :wink:

Corran_Horn2

sisy :razz: