Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Aurelius

September 11 2001 (9/11)

Aurelius

I dedicate this picture to all the innocent people who lost their life, Familys, and rescuers of the September 11 Tragedy...

911.jpg

"Thousands of lives were suddenly ended by evil, despicable acts of terror.

The pictures of airplanes flying into buildings, fires burning, huge structures collapsing have filled

us with disbelief, terrible sadness and a quiet, unyielding anger.

These acts of mass murder were intended to frighten our nation into chaos and retreat. But

they have failed. Our country is strong. A great people has been moved to defend a great nation.

Terrorist attacks can shake the foundations of our biggest buildings, but they cannot touch

the foundation of America. These acts shatter steel, but they cannot dent the steel of

American resolve.

America was targeted for attack because we're the brightest beacon for freedom and

opportunity in the world. And no one will keep that light from shining.

Today, our nation saw evil, the very worst of human nature, and we responded with the best

of America, with the daring of our rescue workers, with the caring for strangers and neighbors

who came to give blood and help in any way they could.

Immediately following the first attack, I implemented our government's emergency response

plans. Our military is powerful, and it's prepared. Our emergency teams are working in New

York City and Washington, D.C., to help with local rescue efforts." - George W. Bush

[The Speech Made by President Bush On the Evening of September 11, 2001]

[EDIT (beeurd): Un-stickyising it. (The pics gone anyway)]

Sticks

I can't believe tomorrow will have been a year...

Bad furday

It seems....like much more than a year....and a bad dream which you know really happened. My mind goes fuzzy when I try to remember all that happened that day.....

Andy

I can't believe it's a whole year either... I still can't acually believe it really happened, it just seems impossible.

(I don't think this is a Site/Forum Announcement, so I'll move it to the cantina. More people will probably see it there anyway)

Edited by Andy
Formatting

^Hal^

I can believe it's been a year... a year isn't really that long. The pictures are still pretty powerful though. we had a 1 minute silence at 1:46 today in remembrance

Do you know what would be th ultimate act of defiance. Build two even bigger towers on the site of the old ones. I really think they should do that.

Andy

I initially thought that, but I don't think they should now.

A memorial to those who died would be better.

Two even bigger towers would just make an instant target of themselves.

Rogue

*sits down, eyes looking distant* I remember seeing the smoke form ground zero from my house...

Rogue

*shudders as the picture comes up*

Andy

I made this pic for my A-Level Art & Design course that finished in July 2001

The Amazing Technicolour Trade Centre

tattc.jpg

^Hal^

I initially thought that, but I don't think they should now.

A memorial to those who died would be better.

Two even bigger towers would just make an instant target of themselves.

Yeah, that may be true, but it would be much harder to do the same thing again now, due to increasd security since 9/11, and it's be tremendously difficult to destroy a building of that siz any other way really. Plus it really would say to potential terrorists "Not only will we come down on you like several megatons of bricks, but we are also rich and powerful, and can rebuild anything you destroy. You cannot achieve anything."

That sort of messag would probably be a pretty good thing to gt out.

Bad furday

I agree with Hal. But the new buildings should be freer in form, and more appealing....New York needs its skyline.....it's just not the same without it.

Link

thats messing with history. *bristles* let it be.

sarah

I will never forget where those 2 planes that crashed into the WTC took off from: Boston, Massachusetts...my home. Those planes took off from my State, carried my neighbors, from the airport that I use. I will never forget 9/11/01. It will stick with my forever. :usa: Peace.

I can't believe it's been a year. It's gone by so quickly for me.

Alexander

I say they rebuild the towers, the towers would be still standing if the architects had taken into account the plane's fuel (which ultimately caused the fall of the towers) when building. WTC was designed to sustain an impact from a Boeing 706.

Rogue

Mohamed Atta came to America in the airport I fly from.....I could see the towers from my house....now the skyline looks...so empty.

Whenever I looked out there my eyes were drawn to those towers. They need to rebuild them as an act of defiance. We have to. NY will never be the same without those towers.

GI_Admiral

I agree...yet the plans they are going over have nothing to do with towers that high, due to the fact that people might not want to go to the top floor incase it happens again. So if they build it...the top floors would be empty.

Rogue

Idea....helicopters as a contingency plan....

Bad furday

A hanging mobile might be nice...

^Hal^

How bout a SAM site on the top...

GI_Admiral

Well I think they do have one of those at Ground Zero...

^Hal^

Well, they had mobile SAMs all ovr the country yesterday (US I mean)

Master MJade

esp. DC

Rogue

Yeah....I saw a few fighters up in the air yesterday...certainly made me feel safer. Not that I was afraid, mind you.

Master MJade

sure Rouge

^Hal^

You're probably not gonna like my saying this, but there was probably more danger to us on wednesday than there was to you. You government said thgat the threat was mainly to US interests abroad... And what's the US's biggest interest abroad... us.