Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Pandora

You're all about to become mildly famous

Pandora

Okay, so maybe that's a bit of an exagerration, but, I have a narrative I have to write for my Creative Writing class. The guidelines of it are that it has to be in first person (ugh), and present tense (could that be any harder?), and start out with some truth from our own lives.

Mine's going to be a romance. Bet you can't guess what it's based on! :wink:

While I was making myself a cheat-sheet (because I had to advance it a good nine years so everyone meets American drinking age requirements), I realized, that, some of the "real truth" is going to be more interesting than the story after I enhance it. (it starts out at the Awards. Quite frankly, I refuse to include Bob and Ewing fighting over that blaster for two straight days.)

I'm also not using our nicknames on here. That would just look strange, and confuse the hell out of my teacher.

So, the basic storyline spans from the time I fell in love with Furday, through my resignation, and to the creation of the beach party thread. (that's the basic skeleton. That's what I'm using to base the story on.) Though, it takes place nine years in the future, so it's going to be a bit different.

I do need to think of a different organization we are a part of though. I don't want people rolling their eyes if I mention the Psyhcos. Any ideas would be really swell....

It's due on Wed, so as soon as I finsih it, I'll put it up so everyone can see exactly how I think of them! *laughs evilly*

Rogue

Quite frankly, I refuse to include Bob and Ewing fighting over that blaster for two straight days.)

LOL! That was hilarious...

Andy

Sounds cool... You'd better type it up here when your done, I want to know what you've been saying about us :D

Rogue

It's due on Wed, so as soon as I finsih it, I'll put it up so everyone can see exactly how I think of them! *laughs evilly*

uh...she said that...lol

Pandora

Well, beeurd, if I said anything bad about you, you could ban me, so I can talk trash behind your back.

I can't garuntee that everyone will be included though, because I have to keep it at/under three typed and double-spaced pages, which is pretty dern short for me, and that really limits me to only those of you that played a large part in this.

Oh, btw, the Insta-clones aren't going in there either.

Bad furday

This sounds interesting! :wink: I'm gong to be in TN! Sort of.....

Can't wait to see how it turns out, love. I think I'll print out a copy for myself!

Pandora

Hey, Furday, I'm doing the best I can with my resources! :love: Actually, I've written a couple journals about you in that same class. I'll have to make it a point to type one up and send it to you.

I'm thinking what I'll do, is, for those of you whose first name I know, use that in the narrative so i don't confuse myself while writing it, and then change it back to nicknames when I put it up here. Work for everyone?

Bad furday

That sounds good!

Rogue

Sounds good to me...but most of you already know my name...so whatever.

^Hal^

Heh.. this sould be amusing. Just how accurate are you going to be about everyone?

Bad furday

Oh, how about the Fictional Fictitious Writers' Guild, or something like that?

Pandora

Uhh... Something along those lines but, uhh, not quite so tongue-twisting.

E-wing

about are names in your story...... in the RW my middle name is Michael and Michael is my characters name in the RPG.... I like that name almost as much as my real one.... if you don't mind I would like it if you use that name for me.

oh if your looking for a name to use in place of psycos what about Galactic Force becase we all hang here at Galactic Basic.

one more thing........ I don't drink and I'm the only sober member of are group (If we all ever do go out drinking I know I'm going to be the DD)

Rogue

That's right...Hot cocoa for Ewing...

TheUnknown

I don't drink either. It's just a funny act for me. So, I'll be E-wing's supervisor.

Andy

I'd drink if other people were, I don't go out with the intention of drinking, and I know my limit, so I don't get drunk or anything.

Rogue

I don't drink alcohcolic beverages often...I have a lomin once in a while other than that...BE, and virgin Pina Colada's.

Okay, I had this convo with Ewing last night...he came up with something like "anybody could spike you're drink, even if you don't put it down, in a room full of people who can do mind tricks, and one that can teleport..." *shakes head*

You guys better not...lol

^Hal^

I think beeurd was talking about real life....

Rogue

*shrugs* Well I can't drink in real life now can i?

E-wing

I don't drink either.  It's just a funny act for me.  So, I'll be E-wing's supervisor.

1st i don't have or need a superviser....... 2nd i don't think you'll even be in the stroy (don't thing you were around then and even if your were i know your not a major part)

^Hal^

lol ewing. Rogue, age limits really don;t mean very much. Haven't you ever been to a party where there is alcohol, or even had drinks at home.

Rogue

The most I've ever had was a sip of wine on New Years. My parents don't keep alcohol around the house...and I don't go to many parties...none like that..

Pandora

Okay!

First off, I have a strict limit on length, so there will only be a few people included besides me and Furday. I can't introduce twenty-plus people, plus stick to a plot in three or less typed, double-spaced pages. I'm sorry, y'all, but I just can't include everyone. Maybe after the assignment I'll make a longer version, including more truth and less embellishing. So, Unknown, I'm sorry, but you were not there, so I can't include you without confusing myself while I'm writing and/or going way over my limit.

At the moment I've got my cast of characters narrowed down to five people: me, Furday, Rogue, Link, and Ewing.

And, Ewing: sorry, but I've already switched Furday's name to Micheal. For a couple reasons. First off, it goes better with Amelya (which is the name i picked for myself). Second, subtle things like name and physical description really have a lot of influence on how the reader makes an opinion of a character, and with Furday being "the hero," it's really imperitive that I pay extreme close attention to details, even if I have to fudge them a bit. :wink: Don't worry though-- I'm going to edit out all the names and replace our nicknames before I put it up here.

Third: A bunch of details are going to be changed, and those that I don't know for sure, are going to be made up comepletly (physical appearence, etc). Like I said before, those little teeny details really make a big difference in the long run. First change I'm going to make is... well, sorry, Furday, but you're about to grow a good six inches. :lol: You'll see why when you read it.

What's not changing: I'm going to let my characters interact with each other in much the same way as we do/did at the time. My resignation is still going to be there, because that played a large part in it too.

What can't possibly stay the same: I honestly don't remember all the details of all the AIM convos I had going around that time, so I have to fudge those. And there's no possible way all the characters will have the same pysical characteristics as their counterparts, but I am going to try to keep it as close as I can to all the details I do remember. But, all the characters are going to have the same basic personality traits as their counterparts. In other words, those of you I do use are a good basis for characters, but you'll still really see yourself in them.

I'm sorry if I can't fit you in, because of my length requirements (which are so very, very annoying). But, I may try to write a different, longer, and more truthful version, possibly next weekend.

E-wing

that's ok pod....... you can use that other name we spock of.

BUT..... I and 6' 4" with brode sholders (i'm the size of a wookie) and I like it that way...... change it and i'll hunt you down