Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Andy

Talk to Transformer - an autocompleting AI

Andy

So I came across Talk to Transformer the other day and found it quite interesting. It's a neural network that autocompletes a few paragraphs based on whatever prompt you give it. The results are interesting, and often amusing.

Link: https://talktotransformer.com/

The website only uses a cut-down version of the source code, but there is a blog post from the researchers explaining how they trained the AI which has several snippets generated by the full version here: https://openai.com/blog/better-language-models/

Here's a couple I've tried, I'll put my prompt in bold. It gets a bit funky at times, presumeably because of the way it's pulling in related subjects and trying to put them into a context that makes sense:

The first official trailer for The Mandalorian is here, almost 15 years since fans were first promised a live-action Star Wars TV show (although it wasn't until The Clone Wars and Rebels that the franchise received even a bit of new-ish material -- and the first Star Wars story arc after A New Hope was even a live-action one), and we have some new concepts for the new show! Now, with a cast led by Hayden Christensen, Dave Bautista's Lando Calrissian, and new additions like the adorable "The Bounty Hunter" character, we're looking forward to hearing more about what's on the horizon. Here's the official synopsis, with character descriptions courtesy of Lucasfilm.

"Star Wars: The Mandalorian is an innovative reimagining of one of the greatest and most popular stories in sci-fi. It tells an action-packed adventure across the galaxy and brings the universe's most recognizable characters to life across new terrain – from the desert-rimmed forests of Tatooine, to the jungle-like ruins of Dantooine

Now I don't know about you, but I'm intrigued to see how Dave Bautista would portray Lando, and I'm sure we'd all love to see an adorable bounty hunter. ?

Elizabeth II is Queen of the United Kingdom, Head of State and Queen of Commonwealth," the proclamation read. "She becomes Ruler-in-Exile. Her new title is 'The Protector of Her Empire, the British Empire'.

"She will continue to be the Commander-in-Chief of the British Army and the Governor-General of the British Protectorate, and will be the Leader of the British Commonwealth Government. Her full title will be "The Mother of the British Commonwealth".

"She and the rest of the United Kingdom shall never again be known as the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

"The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland shall remain an integral part of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland."

King David II is a member of the United Kingdom Royal Family.

Queen Elizabeth was born on June 7, 1926, in Salisbury, England, daughter of King Edward VII, and Elizabeth I of England, with his fourth wife, Elizabeth Woodville, who was the former queen consort of the United Kingdom, and Princess Eugenie

You get really weird results if you use poetry or quotes from novels, such as by HP Lovecraft:

That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.

[A man comes in. He is wearing a blue dress, which is trimmed with white. He wears a black hat, which is the same as his head. In one hand he has a long staff, with a head at the point, and in the other a long knife in bronze with eight points, the first pointed with a red jewel. He also has the same hat, a red dress, and a great cloak round his belly. His beard is long and full. Above his forehead appears a black ring, but his eyes have no jewels.]

THE VOICE OF KISSING

The voice of kissing,

I can't get past you, you have the place

Within you. Look at the things

And the place within them,

And look at your love.

[Saying this, he leaves the room and puts his staff behind him.]

They worshipped, so they said, the Great Old Ones who lived ages before there were any men, and who came to the young world out of the sky. The Great Old Ones were a race of giants, and they were a race on other worlds. They have long since come down as a memory to our own world. Those who worshiped them at first believed only in the Great Old Ones, and believed there was a great secret power which was hidden from the world because it was so powerful. They had no belief in things that were invisible; they had no knowledge of the stars, except as something that might be captured and studied to make the Great Old Ones jealous of them. In short, they were a race of monsters--they had forgotten the world as they were, and the world in them, and that was why they worshipped the Great Old Ones. But when I came to the world it was a different place. It was the world of men, not of Giants. It was a land of good people, where old trees were still alive and green and sweet, houses where one could walk or go with

Edited by Andy

Andy

I think I'm addicted.

This one turned out like a review of Lord of the Rings written by somebody who skim-read the entire thing and tried stitch together the bits they remembered:

"I will take the ring to Mordor, though I do not know the way."

It's hard to say how much of a role Gandalf played in bringing Frodo to Middle Earth. In the novel, he's there in a way that a lot of people think is just a cameo: he comes in for no reason and leaves. However, there are other characters who are mentioned in the book who had their own significance in the story, even if they never see the light of day. In particular, Gimli shows up with Frodo and Gollum, and later makes the fateful decision to sacrifice his own life to spare others. For that, we owe much to Gandalf.

Gimli is a little like Gandalf; he's intelligent, strong, wise, and a little wisecracking. It's a shame, then, that Frodo doesn't get to play the role he's best-known for at the end of the second book of The Lord of the Rings: he's sent out by Sauron to seek out an ancient ring that could keep the dark Lord away from his homeland once and for all.

And I don't know where it pulled this conversation from, using the Monty Python and the Holy Grail quote I fed it:

"What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?" asked the professor.

The woman raised her eyebrows. "An unwelcomed question, if you must ask?" she replied.

"Do you know why there is a distinction between unladen and unfilled swallows," asked Rufus.

"No," said Miss Lillie. "It depends on who is asking the question."

"You mean about the difference in weight?" asked Rufus.

"That's also a matter of opinion," said Miss Lillie. "But I'll tell you what I know. Before a swallow becomes a swallow-full, it is a piece of work to get out the air."

"What do you mean?"

"Every swallow has a tiny piece of air which the digestive process can take when it has been expelled."

Rufus frowned. "Do swallows get air as they feed?"

"I believe that they get a little air, as they are feeding on more food."

Miss Lillie shrugged, making a face

Edited by Andy

Mara

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

I would be intrigued by Dave Bautista's Lando though I must say.

I may have to try a few things...

I decided to use the same phrase, but generate multiple completions.

Do or do not. There is no try.

If you are a person of the cloth, how does it sound to you that you are allowed a different role in life? I have a lot of questions in my mind, and I am sure that many others might as well.

Please note that I do not have a problem with women who have "married the fad"--it has been said it isn't possible to have both a successful business and a great family. I just have a problem about women who take things too far.

There is, however, a very good reason why, for centuries, women were allowed to be in the temple and be married.

If you want to be married to a priest, you need him to be good. He needs to be a priest of Jesus Christ. If you want a husband, you need him to be faithful to her. If you want children you need them to be educated to learn things that will help them to live a good and decent life in God's kingdom. If you want to raise a business, you need a husband.

Oooooooooooooookay.

Do or do not. There is no try. In the event I did, I would never see the light of day as a result. I could not stand seeing my daughter being harmed. I was furious.

While I believe these words came out of my mouth out of genuine concern for my family's well-being, it was also very clear to me on the surface that I had no idea why that word came out of my mouth. I didn't come out of a vacuum – my daughter was being violated by the very people who were supposed to protect and protect her.

So who should I sue? Well at this point I should just point a finger at the police and state officials who are now tasked with protecting those officers as well as protecting these young girls. I believe a lawsuit should be filed against my daughter's school officials too. This was not a consensual sexual relationship between two young people.

The school officials knew this, and failed to act on that knowledge. This school refused to take action – and they did as well as any school in New Jersey can do.

However, the state

Apparently this one ran out of room... and got pretty dark. Eek.

Do or do not .There is no try. The people at the end of the train of thought are always doomed to fail. Just try.

Hmm. Deep. Like Yoda.

Do or do not. There is no try. And since the idea is that there is nothing that should be done, it follows that there should be no attempt to act, and so there is no attempt to do. It would be like an attempt to write a book. There would not even be a plan at all. One would just write the book, and then if that did not work as anticipated, the writer would realize that another effort was required.

There are ways of looking at things that try to make things seem more like trying to act, but as I said, you cannot always be in that position; and if you were in that, you would want to know where you are now, so you will want to know what you are doing now, not what you were doing yesterday.

One of the things I would like to do now in my book is to put in the hands of men a list of actions that should be tried for failure, and to explain to them where they are, for them to decide.

Now, here is the idea, for men to decide which action should they

Another one that got too long.

Did a few others, and they were all pretty... out there lol.

Edited by Mara

Mara

You're gonna need a bigger boat. You're gonna need to take a more serious look at the options.

Advertisement

I'm not one of those big, swoopy, luxurious guys—we just buy things for our kid that we can't afford. We don't have many of the same hobbies as my younger brothers and sisters. We don't spend time playing with our kids. There are a few things we do have in common. It's hard for me to look into the future and say, "Oh, yeah, I have to be around this stuff forever; I'm gonna be in the neighborhood all the time, and I'm gonna see it all." I understand that's very hard and difficult for a lot of people. But I think you have to do something. I don't even think of myself as selfish. I think of myself as an adult. And in my opinion, there are things that you either have to do or you can't. I think maybe you have to choose—you get to choose how you are going to do it. But there are a few things that

Man I sure know how to pick 'em haha.

You're gonna need a bigger boat. That's what I heard."

He was in the same boat on Friday, too — except it was a big old schooner, like a big old old yacht, with its great, long sides. And she was a small one, tiny, on a tiny little boat, a boat in love. For those little girls.

I watched them all get the big, old boat. My mom gave the big, old yacht to her son for his birthday, for his birthday present for his birthday. And, of course, I got to take the small little boat.

It was a Saturday morning. I don't remember if it was after 10 a.m. or after 11. Then, when I realized it was after 11 all the way, we'd been at the beach since 9. I was about 5 or 6 years old, and I sat in the front seat, and there, on the side of the boat, there was my dad holding the big boat like a giant, huge, big guy. I was, like, "Mommy

Won't know the end to the story, darn.

You're gonna need a bigger boat.

It's time to get over here and make our way to the next town.

I wanna hear you say you love me! I wanna hear you say it with me!

I'll get up, I'll call you later.

I will be your captain.

I'll be your partner in crime. Oh, no way!

I am the most important man in every town in the world!

I'll make you a captain, and I'll make you famous!

Oh, noooo! I'm the most important guy in the entire world!

I am the most important man in the entire world!

This is not a time for me to do favors for everyone and leave you holding the bag.

No, no, no! I've seen you make promises. I can promise you that I can do a lot more than just that, too.

I will give you everything you need for life. I could use more money than you're about to understand, but I'd be

This one must be song lyrics??

Andy
4 hours ago, Mara said:

I am the most important man in every town in the world!

I'll make you a captain, and I'll make you famous!

Oh, noooo! I'm the most important guy in the entire world!

I am the most important man in the entire world!

Channelling Trump there, I think. ?

Mara

Buwahaha.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.