Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Mara

KOTOR film??

Mara

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/05/23/star-wars-movie-based-on-knights-of-the-old-republic-reportedly-in-the-works

Will make a lot of fans excited lol!

Personally, I don't mind if it's set on the game itself, or if it's just set in that time period.

I would love to see a film with a bunch of Jedi and a bunch of Sith just going at it. I don't really need Revan for that.

Earlier it was rumored that the trilogy the GOT writers were working on was an Old Republic era-set series. So perhaps that is no longer true? Or we are getting two? Hmm.

Edited by Mara

Andy

Yeah, I posted this earlier :P

But yeah I'm sure there is something in the works, but I'm personally dubious that it is going to be based on KotOR. There's not really a great precedent for EU being adapted for the new canon, unfortunately. 

As far as I know, the only thing that is definitely canon about that era is that Darth Bane existed and he came up with the Rule of Two after the Sith were defeated by the Jedi. ?‍♂️

Mara

I forget the articles sometimes. ?

It's easier to discuss on the forums anyway. :p

Yeah, Bane was in the end of Clone Wars. I can't think of anything else.  But it is certainly possible; a few Legends characters have made their way into canon, like Thrawn.

Andy

I think there would have been riots if Thrawn didn't make it back to canon.

I guess you could probably say the same for Revan, although I've never really understood the fascination myself. I always preferred the Tales of the Jedi series, with Exar Kun, Nomi Sunrider, and Ulic Qel-Droma, etc.

• Like 1

Mara

Yeah, me either. But I also didn't play the KOTOR game itself until well later. (And already had heard about the big "twist").

Ahh yes, back when lightsabers had electrical cords/battery packs! LOL

BizarroFett

Everyone seems to want a retelling of KOTOR, and I'm over here hoping they give us Exar Kun. Those old Tales of the Jedi comics were some of the best EU ever. 

Also, a relic of Exar Kun almost made it into Solo. There's a drawing and such... so there's still hope. Heck, they made Jaxxon and Valance canon, why not the Tales of the Jedi people

• Upvote 1

Andy

I'm with you on this. I was always a little disappointed with KotOR because I was hoping for something closer to the Tales of the Jedi comics.

Oh, and welcome to GB! :)

BizarroFett

Yeah, but I still dig it! At least it mentioned events in the comics.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.