Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Andy

The Mandalorian

Andy

Urgh, tell me about it. In our new place we have a smart meter for our energy, so every day I can see how much money we're spending on gas and electric. Might have to start wearing a coat instead of turning the central heating on.

Mara

I got my Disney + set up the other day, but haven't had a chance to watch yet... will later today!

I am amazed at my restraint,  honestly.

Mara

Watched first two episodes.

And it was good, so good.

Also... holy freaking crackers. Big surprise at the end of ep. 1, and 2, really.  So if you don't want to know, like, ignore the internet for a while. It's all over it.

Spoiler

Baby Yoda???   I mean, yeah, not actually Yoda, just one of his species. But what!?!

TheUnknown

Three eps in.  Baby Yoda is adorable.

Mara

He's totally this year's meme king.

I'm caught up through episode six. Can't believe there are only two more left.     Season two can't come soon enough LOL.

Mara

This week's episode was so good. Definitely the best of the series, so far.

Andy

Once the series has finished a friend from work is going to acquire it for me, then I can finally see what I've been missing!

Radioactive Isotope

Holy frick, how did

Spoiler

That moff get the Darksaber?!

Andy

Never has "reveal hidden contents" been so tempting.

• Like 1

Mara
Spoiler

Agreed!    I saw it and was like, what?!

And now we have to wait almost year to find out, ahhhh.

Edited by Mara

Radioactive Isotope
Spoiler

At first I was like, ok, a vibroblade can cut through starship armor. Cool. Then I saw the whole weapon and thought that looks awfully familiar. No way. That can't be what I think it is. It's exactly what I think it is. What the what?!

Mara
Spoiler

Haha, a vibroknife was my first thought too!    But apparently it has changed hands in the 10 years or so since Sabine gave it back to the Mandos and the time of this series... and it couldn't be the purge, because that was way  back at the end of the Clone Wars...      It is nice to see something from another medium make it to live-action though. And with Filoni running this with Favreau, shouldn't have been too surprised lol.

Mara

Watched the first episode of the Star Wars Gallery - The Mandalorian. On Disney+.  Kind of a behind-the-scenes show.  Really interesting. This episode focused on the different directors.

Rodney-2187

The Mandalorian is one of the best things I've watched in a long, long time. 

Andy
On 7/14/2020 at 4:02 PM, Rodney-2187 said:

The Mandalorian is one of the best things I've watched in a long, long time. 

Agreed! We should have had a series like this a long time ago, can't wait for series 2.

And welcome :)

Mara

Rumors of a trailer coming out this month, this week even. *fingers crossed*

Andy

Season 2 trailer!

Looks like I don't have to wait for months this time, either. :D 

Mara

Nope, just a few short weeks! :D

And the speculation of the mysterious character Sasha Banks is playing... has begun lol.

Andy

Really liked the first episode, seemed to be a lot of callbacks to the films and the EU in it. Was nice to see them do something a little different with Tatooine.

And obviously that ending! AHHH! ?

Mara

You're talking first episode of season 2, right? ?   

Andy

Haha, yes!

I'm loving the new series so far. The second episode was a bit slow, but I think it works really well when you watch episodes 2+3 together.

Mara

Definitely.

A lot of the episodes seem to be kind of filler/side quest sort of adventures, but we are gradually filling in some of the blanks. Which I like.  The gradual part I mean, instead of dropping it all on us.

Spoiler

That little smile on Gideon's face though at the end of the last episode... so great hahaha.

Andy

Yep, I feel like the last episode was a sort of turning point though, and that the rest of the season will follow a more cohesive arc, although I could be wrong.

Mara

Well...

Finally got confirmation that some of the rumors were true...

Spoiler

as we got our first look at live-action Ahsoka.  And I have to say, excepting the shrinking lekku (apparently done to make stunts easier), Rosario was spot on.

BUT

Spoiler

The Child is no longer The Child!  But Grogu!    Thoughts on the name?     I'll bet most will still refer to him as Baby Yoda, haha. I know it'll take me a little to get used to.

Oh and a certain someone gets name-dropped.

Spoiler

THRAWN!   Setting up a cameo later on or his own rumored spin-off, perhaps?

Andy

There's definitely a lot to take in with that episode! It was brilliant but I do need to watch it again and I can't wait to find out what happens next. I don't think they'd namedrop like that without them appearing, although I'm guessing they will show up towards the end of the last episode to lead into / tease us for season three which has already been confirmed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.