Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Andy

The Mandalorian

Mara

All to be on Disney's new streaming service, lol.  Along with other shows and movies produced specifically for it.

But I'm excited nonetheless. A live-action show has been in the works on and off for several years.  I wonder what time period they will go with. I'm hoping for something post-ROTS, pre-ANH.

Andy

Yeah, I'm not sure why studios think that everybody want to sign up to 370 different streaming services, but never mind, lol :p

Mara

Nope... Disney will probably get my money on a monthly basis. :p

Andy

So yeah, the new live action TV show was announced recently.

Sadly it's only going to be on Disney Play or whatever their silly platform is called. Will definitely have to subscribe to that and not find some other way around it... ?

I put a bit of an article up here with some of the known details, I'll try and add more as I find out about it but keeping on top of things is hard, lol

TheUnknown

Interesting

Mara

Do we know that it's Legends and not canon? I assumed it would be canon...

But anyway, yes, it looks like it could be pretty cool.  But I'm a sucker for more Post-Episode 6/Pre-Episode 7 stuff.

And I'll be subscribing to the Disney streaming service anyway to watch the rest of Clone Wars. :D

Andy

I don't know what you mean *quietly moves thread to correct forum*

TheUnknown

So Oberyn Martell is going to be in it?  That's awesome. 

Andy

Looking forward to this, although I'm not sure how I'm going to watch it yet. Hopefully it gets a Blu-ray release eventually.

Mara

Trailer to drop tomorrow at D23!

Andy

Yeah, hopefully I see it quickly so can post an article. ?

Mara

Woot woot!

Looks good!

Doesn't reveal too much which is good.

Andy

Yeah I know, it looks good. They've still not announced a release date for the UK yet. Surely they know that people aren't going to wait for the official channels to become available? When HBO realised that people couldn't wait a day for Game of Thrones they started having it aired at the same time over here, even though it was at 2am or something like that.

Mara

Strange.

Is Disney + going to be available internationally or will it be on some other service for you guys?

Andy

They literally haven't said anything at all as far as I know. ?

Mara

:(

Mara

2 weeks is a long time! Ahh!

Andy

So, how was it?

Disney+ doesn't launch until March 2020 here, and I'm currently in the prices of moving so don't have my property Internet set up to find an... alternative source.

TheUnknown

I also haven't watched it yet as I don't have the money for Disney Plus (Hell, at this point, I don't have the money for electricity and propane).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.