Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Andy

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker discussion

Mara

JJ is back!

Mara

I don't think it will work, anyway.  Kathleen Kennedy and Lucasfilm and the rest have said that they will not be recasting the role or using a CGI Leia or anything like that. Episode 8 was the last we saw of the character.

Let them petition all they want.  It's probably the same ones who petitioned to remove Last Jedi from canon.

Andy

Probably, lol. I think it'd be a terrible disservice to fans to recast, bit to mention how difficult it would surely be to step into her shoes.

Mara

Yeah, they'll just have to get used to having a Star Wars film without the 'Big Three.' (Excluding a Force Luke in 9). It was bound to happen anyway, just sooner than we thought.

Andy

Yeah, although Hamill wants to be a scary Force ghost... We'll see how that works out for him. :lol:

Mara

He can just use his Joker voice. :p

Andy

That'd work. :lol:

Edited by Andy

Mara

Well, I saw a story that Kerri Russell is up for a role in 9.

Just more of JJ bringing back his friends? lol

Mara

BILLY DEE!!!

Andy

Just rewatching The Force Awakens, and find it interesting that Snoke says when they are looking for BB-8 and the map that it would "lead to the last Jedi".

Makes me wonder if the title of Episode IX has been hidden in a quote from The Last Jedi all along?

Mara

So yeah. We got our first teaser for Episode 9, and the big title reveal at the end.

Let the speculations begin! LOL

It's gonna be a long 8 months, is all I'll say...

Edited by Mara

Andy

I know right, I watched the live stream and I when Ian McDiarmid was stood on the stage when the lights came back on I was like ?

Never would have seen that coming. Can't wait to see what kind of role he'll play.

Mara

Definitely...

Nice to have that common thread of the whole saga, with the Skywalkers on one side, and Palps on the other, book-ending it.

Been seeing theories swirling around now that this means that Rey is a Palpatine. :p

Andy

Yeah, I hope they don't make it anything so simple as that.

Mara

Whoo, they put the D23 footage online. I did read a summary, but this is much better!

More a trailer for the entire saga than Rise itself, with much of Luke's voiceover from the first trailer, and a look back at all the films, but, there is a bit of new footage, and man... that last shot.... wow.  Let speculation commence!

Also if you don't get emotional watching that, I don't know who you are. :p

Edited by Mara

Mara

Thought I'd share some quotes from J.J. and Daisy and John re: the Emperor,  but will put in spoilers in case you want to stay complete spoiler-free (though they are pretty vague statements, obvs):

Spoiler

"I will say that that's part of what the story is," Abrams said when asked who the big bad of THE RISE OF SKYWALKER would be. "And also, I will say that with the Emperor around, he's not going to be your, you know, the cuddly pal. I can't wait for you to see how that plays out, but he's in the poster for a reason."

"He's the biggest baddie in Star Wars history. Now that we've done the story, I'm like, it couldn't have happened any other way," Ridley said. "It had to be that. But he's very instrumental to the plot of the film. It's not just like he appears again; it's all explained."

Boyega was also quite excited about the Emperor's return, saying, "I think the Emperor and his doctrine has trickled down to so many of the characters in the Star Wars universe. The Dark Side, it is what it is because of a lot of his actions and plans. To have him come back, he's like the greatest foe, the greatest enemy. I mean, we might as well take him down properly."

Mara

And here we go...

Have to say, Threepio's line about his friends... Tears. Definitely. I mean, the whole thing is emotional but... it's like he's saying what I'm thinking.

Edited by Mara

Andy

Typically it came out while I was on holiday ?

I think I'm the only one that found the line about friends to be too cheesy. But I'm otherwise pretty stoked for the film. ?

Mara

Probably. :p

And maybe you need to plan your holidays better! Obviously! :p

Mara

Less than three days till I see it, and I'm freaking out. A mixture of excitement and impeding sadness, basically.  Ugh the emotions.

Andy

I'm currently sat in the cinema... 20 minutes!!! ?

Mara

I have to wait 20 more hours (and 20 minutes)! And I'm having a bit of a freakout. Not gonna lie.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.