Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Mara

Spider-Man: Homecoming

Mara

Spider-man swings into the Marvel universe for the first time in his own film!

I have to say, Tobey will always be my Spider-Man, but... this one looks pretty darn good!

Andy

I just watched this, actually, and it does look pretty good. 

I was never that keen on the Tobey Maguire Spider-man, to be honest. I liked Andrew Garfield's portrayal in The Amazing Spiderman, but the sequel was a bit of a letdown.

I think Marvel can handle this one though. :)

Mara

Oh, I liked the Sam Raimi/Tobey Maguire ones better.   

The Andrew Garfield one just had a weird plot with his dad and having experimented on his kid or whatever. Conspiracies and whatnot.

Either way, we're finally getting a Peter Parker who is in high school and LOOKS like a high schooler haha.

Andy

Yeah, I know what you mean. People initially complained that Tom Holland looks too young, but I'm guessing the past few big screen incarnations of Spidey have made people forget that he was always supposed to be on the younger side. :p

Mara

Yup. And he will be in high school for the entire film! No "aging up", haha.

So I think he will finally be true to his comic origins. 

Plus, gotta love the Star Wars references!  First in Civil War with ESB/AT-AT takedown, and then in the trailer with the Lego Death Star.

Andy

Well, just resurrecting this thread. After an amazing Spider-Man: Homecoming and Spider-Man: Far From Home (and it's cliffhangers), it seems Spidey is swinging his way out of the MCU as Disney and Sony failed to reach an agreement on continuing the deal they had.

Way to go, studio guys. *slow clap*

https://io9.gizmodo.com/spider-man-showdown-sony-releases-an-official-statemen-1837438904

Mara

Yeah I saw that yesterday.  Disney wants more monies (like they need it?); Sony isn't having it.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.