Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Mara

Solo: A Star Wars Story

Mara

Hmm...

It does have some blue on it, like the Falcon in Solo.

There has been a lot of speculation on what the extra bit is for haha. I think I saw someone mention an escape pod. Or something Lando added for one reason or another.

I did see a quote from Ron Howard I think saying that he couldn't say what it was for because it'd be a spoiler, so... take that the way you want. :p

I do have to say I'm more hyped for this after seeing the trailer.

Mara

The new trailer!

It looks amazing!

Andy

Yeah, I'm getting pretty hyped for Solo now. :p

Mara

I got my tickets! :D

Andy

Not sure when I'm seeing it yet, but some critic reviews are starting to appear so I'll collate them into an article as soon as I can. 

Mara

Really fun movie, I loved it!

And the ending leaves it open to the possibility of more, if that ever comes to Disney's mind. (Alden is signed up for three films, but those could be cameos, or just to lock him up "just in case." So who knows).

Also...

DARTH FREAKING MAUL!!

Andy

Finally saw it tonight... and I bloody loved it! :D

jedimaster1043

It was a pleasant surprise! Chewy and Lando stole the show IMO. 

• Upvote 1

Mara

That, and the surprise cameo at the end!

I am definitely going to see it again. See if I can pick out the little details/Easter eggs I missed the first time around.

Edited by Mara

Andy

Yeah I definitely heard quite a few.

I've added some to the trivia section on the Solo page:

Andy

I kinda hope they do a sequel. I know it's not done particularly well at the box office so far, partly  because of the inflated budget, but if anybody can pull strings to get it done it's Disney. :p

But anyway, my sequel thoughts:

Spoiler

It's heavily implied that Han and Chewie are off to Tatooine to work for Jabba. Who else do we know who hangs around with this guy? Boba Fett.

Who does Fett have a grudge against? Obi-Wan Kenobi, who just happens to also live on Tatooine. Yeah, so Han can't really meet Obi-Wan or it'd clash with A New Hope... But Chewie could meet Obi-Wan, as long as he doesn't find out the name of the ship he is first mate on. ?

Maul and Obi-Wan also have a bit of a thing going on too, but I confess that I don't know how well any mention of that would fit in the continuity.

There's a few dots to connect there. But of course we would need Qi'ra and Lando in there too. ?

Mara

Yup, hahaha.

Not sure why it spoiler-tagged the whole thing...

That does sort of fit with that theory I saw about the Solo/Boba/Obi films being a loose trilogy of themselves.  Whether it's true remains to be seen.

With the main actors from Solo supposedly signed on for three films, I can see them being cameos in the others or something like that.   But then again, Disney could just be doing it for insurance and don't have concrete plans to involve the characters again.[/spoiler]

I did see a quote from Ron Howard the other day, where he said there wasn't any plans for a sequel to Solo, that the way the film ended was just a way to get Han to where we see him in ANH or whatever.   But you never know... Disney is like a cult sometimes with their secrets... he could know more than he's letting on.

He had mentioned it could be fun to do a Lando movie. Though Lucasfilm has refuted that they are working on one or considering one, at least not for awhile.

Ron did say it would be cool to do something with the different crime syndicates. Which given the ending of Solo... I can see that being a possibility for a film. I'd definitely be in for something more like Rogue One, that focuses on an event, instead of Solo/Boba/Obi which would focus on one character.

Some people are saying that Solo is sort of like a Marvel Star Wars movie, the way it connects to the rest of the films/other media. Basically "forcing" you to watch the others for it to make sense.  Not sure if it's a one-time thing or if SW moving forward will connect more like that.

Edited by Mara

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.