Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Andy

Pokemon Go

Andy

So, that new geologication game, Pokemon Go, finally came out to enable smartphone users everywhere to collect Pokemon around their towns and see if they can take over their local Pokemon Gym.

Anybody given it a go yet?

I have a bunch of Pokemon but I'm not particularly high level. There are 3 gyms within walking distance of my house, and there is one literally outside my office, which is weird since it's within a gated business park so is semi private. :p

Mara

Nope. 'Cause I ain't got a smartphone. :p

I have been hearing about a bunch of problems with it, 'cause people are morons. Crossing streets without looking. Using it to rob people. Breaking into businesses. Stuff like that.

And I'm like, it's just a free app with make-believe animals? Chill out, people.

Andy

Stupid people will always find ways to endanger themselves and others. :p

Mara

True. Especially when it involves smartphones.

Ana

I'm addicted. I'm level 37 currently. Especially impressive given I do no group raiding because people. I mostly just walk a lot with it open.

Mara

Welllll, I must change my tune. I got a smartphone in August. And my sister made me get the app. And I'm hopelessly addicted. :p

I'm level 22. And I do almost zero walking haha.  But the library a couple blocks from my house is a gym, so win.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.