Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Andy

Star Wars: The Last Jedi discussion

Andy

Official discussion thread for Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi

Edited by Andy

Mara

Well, time to update your calendar.... Episode 8 has been moved back to December 15, 2017 from its original May slot. :/

Andy

Just saw this, looks like Disney have been shuffling a few things around, not wanting them to clash. 

Mara

So now that Rogue One is out... time to look ahead to Ep. 8!

I saw something the other day from Kathleen Kennedy that we might get a glimpse of it "soon." They are, of course, going to let Rogue One have the spotlight for a bit. But it may arrive as soon as spring. Which seems to jive with how they dealt with Ep. 7. Sprinkling teasers throughout the spring and summer until the release in winter.

Andy

I too don't think they'll release anything about Episode VIII until Rogue One has had a good run in cinemas, no sense in taking the spotlight away from it just yet.

I imagine the trailer will be show up attached to a Marvel movie next year.

Mara

Yeah likely.

Just as long as they don't make us wait through Monday Night Football again for the last trailer/tickets going on sale lol.

k.a.mara

I'll be negative nancy on this one....not the most creative title.

"the last jedi".....Yoda thought that....and he was wrong.  I just think they could have come up with a little more original title.

• Upvote 1

Mara

Oh, man, the speculation that is happening across the Internet with this thing haha.

It could mean anything, or more than one thing, from a different point of view, whatever. I'm not all that bothered who the last Jedi is/will be.

And really, do all the other films have creative titles?? They're all sort of slightly vague while also being nail on.

Andy

Yeah I know, personally I think it means that Luke is just the last of the old Jedi. Doesn't mean there wouldn't be a new Jedi order.

Uncle Du

I'm not sure if anything has been confirmed, but I've heard rumors that the first trailer will be airing during the super bowl.  So yea, might have to wait through another football game Mara, lol.

Andy

I'm sure it'll be on YouTube. They won't get me watching sports! :p

Uncle Du

Haha!

k.a.mara

well, I happen to notice in one of the other threads about the Reddit leak and what was thought to maybe be the

title of eps. 8   "Fall of the Resistance" didn't sound so bad and was a bit more creative than "Last Jedi", but I've come up with a few more possible titles...see what all of you think. :p

How about....

Star Wars Vlll.....First Order of Business

or

Kylo Ren and Stimpy   :lol:

Days of Rebellion / Knights of Ren ( or Knights of Wheat and Rye or even of Correllian ale)

or

Star Wars Vlll: The Quest for even more obscene amounts of Money   :D

Edited by k.a.mara
  • Upvote 1

Mara
On 1/31/2017 at 10:46 AM, Uncle Du said:

I'm not sure if anything has been confirmed, but I've heard rumors that the first trailer will be airing during the super bowl.  So yea, might have to wait through another football game Mara, lol.

Haha. I had seen that rumor too. But it wasn't to be. I kind of figured; it's too early. I can't remember when we got our first teaser to Episode 7.

But I would have watched this game anyway. It's the Super Bowl! (Even though the commercials kind of sucked this year).

On 1/28/2017 at 7:52 AM, Andy said:

Yeah I know, personally I think it means that Luke is just the last of the old Jedi. Doesn't mean there wouldn't be a new Jedi order.

Yeah. I mean, even in the opening crawl for Force Awakens he's called "the last Jedi."

Andy

Well, foreign languages that differentiate between the singular and plural have confirmed that it is the plural Jedi.

http://on.io9.com/SxVlJbS

Mara

Hmm.............

Mara

So there was a quote from JJ the other day where he basically said Mark's performance in Last Jedi is Oscar-worthy.

Take that how you will. :p

Andy

Yeah I came online to post just that. It's definitely intriguing but a sadly doubt that the Oscars will recognise Star Wars for one of the big awards. :p

Mara

Yeah. I know.

And J.J. could be exaggerating. :p

Mara

I figured it would be unlikely. But confirmation is a little disappointing nonetheless.

But we do have a teaser/trailer!

Andy

I can't believe I forgot to post the trailer on the forum. :p

Mara

FOR SHAME.

You are forgiven. <3

I think the most interesting part is the potential for the balance of the Force. Not light, or dark, or white or black.

Sort of I think what conclusion Luke was coming to towards the end of the EU.

However, I am unconvinced that the last line of the trailer, that "the Jedi must fall" is spoken by Luke, as most people seem to think. (All sorts of theories of why they think he has given up on the Jedi). Because it doesn't sound like Mark to me.

But maybe I just need to watch it more. :p

Mara

Lots of stuff swirling out there that we might get gray Jedi in TLJ...       interesting theory, based on the trailer, to be sure.

(Though I still don't think that is Luke speaking at the end :p but what do I know)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.