Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Andy

Battlefront reboot not on PS3 or Xbox 360

Andy

EA has revealed that the upcoming Battlefront reboot from DICE will be only be available on PC, Playstation 4, and Xbox One, in a move that may leave owners of the previous generation of consoles out in the cold. Developers say that dropping the older consoles will allow them to make full use of the Frostbite 3 engine upon which the game is built.

More details about the game are due to be shared at Star Wars Celebration next month, where fans hope to see an official trailer for the game and see some of the gameplay.

The new Battlefront is said to be a reboot of the franchise rather than a continuation, is scheduled for release at the end of 2015 to coincide with the release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

Click here to view the article

TheUnknown

Not really that surprising.  This generation of consoles is coming to an end.  Other games have already been announced as next-gen exclusive like Batman; Arkham Knight and the next Mass Effect game (which is also an EA game).

Andy

Yep, I've not joined the current gen of consoles yet - I don't get enough time to play consoles to justify the cost right now.

It's a change for me, because I had a PS2 from the second batch that came into the UK, and my PS3 was part of the first load of pre-orders. :p

Bad furday

Just as well....if you keep designing games to be backwards compatible, you eventually hold back the game itself with what can and can't be done.  Not an issue...I said that the only thing that would make me buy a PS4 would be a new Battlefront :p  

Mara

Just proves that PC is best! Ahahaha. ;D

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.