Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Andy

New Jedi Order: Traitor Discussion. (SPOILERS)

Andy

Um yes, well I havn't got it yet, I just want this topic to be here for me to read when I get back off holiday :D

I dunno much about it really... So God knows why I've made a spoiler thread...

^Hal^

I'm getting it tomorrow

sarah

This book is sooo good! I love it. This book ties with SBS as my favorite SW novel. :D

***Beware...major spoilers below***

This book flips Jacen's POV of the Force upside down. He does a 180 on his beliefs...and the author kept Jacen in character. However Jacen is a different person now so... Anyway before this book I saw Jacen as a wimp. But not anymore. Now Jacen rocks! I love the part in the Nursery where Jacen fights with 18 amphistaffs. :o Yes, 18. I also have a new found respect for his character. No one should go through what he went through. His progress is delt with nicely. I really think the Vergere's torture/teching methods were the only way for Jacen to learn. I mean he didn't listen to anybody else. But through the darkness Jacen has gained needed insight . It's also very cool that he of all people is a traitor. As a result of this book Jacen is my favorite Traitor/ex-Jedi/Force user. Jacen's quote of the day- "I'd like you all to meet some friends of mine." 8)

Vergere is finally revealed for who she is,what side she is on, and what she's after. (Thank goodness!) At first I thought that she was evil. :evil: I found her (and her teaching methods) to be cruel, insensitve, and heartless. However by the end of the book I saw her method to be what it really was: painful but honest. She really wants the best for Jacen. "We are playing the same game we have been playing ever since Myrkr: we are playing 'Who is Jacen Solo?'" When I think about it, it's the only way to get through Jacen's thick skull. I went from being annoyed from her character to putting her on my favorites list. I really enjoyed her riddles and sence(sp) of humor (yes, she has one). Vergere's quote of the day- "Everything I tell you is a lie." :p

Now about Ganner- Wow! Ganner...or The Ganner is awesome. 8) He kicks Vong butt. I've always loved his character, more so after reading this book...which is why it's so sad that he's gone. :cry: Really, must the writers keep killing the good characters! :angry: The Ganner's quote of the day-"None shall pass" :fight:

The philosophy of this book changes everything in the SW universe. Before everything was black-and-white, good or evil. Not anymore. Now it's gray (which is realistic). The new philosiphy is based around this quote said by Vergere "This is the shameful secret of the Jedi: There is no darkside."

It's cool to see Jacen embrace this as the truth, which is why he is not a Jedi anymore. I can't wait to see how the Jedi will react to this. Even more so I can't wait to see how Jacen's family is going to react to this.

I rate this book a 9 out of 10...no book is perfect (although this book comes pretty close). :wink:

BTW what do you guys think about the 'hallucination'? Was it really him? (Anakin) or was it Vergere? I personally am still thinking this one over. :-?

Sorry this post was so long. I just had alot to say about this book.

^Hal^

Heheheh... I think sarah pretty much covered it all...

Traitor is one of the best SW books ever... It's amazing! Jace falls to the dark side for a time, then realises the truth that there is no dark side, just the force....

I also agree it's a shame about Ganner, but at least he went out with style... I like the thing about the Vong legend involving "the Ganner"

As for Anakin, I'd say it was just Jace hallucinating. I'm positive it wasn't Vergere, and it really wasn't Anakin style thinking (though I suppose you might have a different outlook once you're dead)

I gotta give it a 9/10 as well... maybe even 9.5/10. It rocks!

JainaSolo;)*

there is no light or dark side there is no light or dark side there is no light or dark side there is no light or dark side there is no light or dark side there is no light or dark side there is no light or dark side there is no light or dark side there is no light or dark side there is no light or dark side :shocked:

JainaSolo;)*

:shocked!: there is no light or dark side...I still can't believe it. This is all unfair. And not Jacen's gone to kill off his twin, he'll probably kill Jagged Fel too, and he's OPPOSING THE NEW REPUBLIC AND THE JEDI!!!!!!

there is no light or dark side there is no light or dark side there is no light or dark side there is no light or dark side there is no light or dark side there is no light or dark side there is no light or dark side :shocked!:

^Hal^

uhh... did you finish the book Jaina? It turned out that he was faking it... Still... he's not exactly on the NR's side anymore...

Sticks

Wow, out of 10 I'd have to give this book an 11. And I'd have to say this was my favorite book out of any SW book yet.

Even though Vergere confused me with her riddles, I was shocked to find that everything she said made sense. Especially about the 'there is no dark side' thing!

When in that crater/valley place that was filled with the dark side on Yuuzhan'tar, Jacaen, for example, was trying to tell Vergere that what that plant did was of the light side because it needed the food. Jacen said that it would be of the dark side to take more than you could eat, but when Vergere asked what 'more than you could eat' was, that really got me thinking. She made so much sence it wasn't even funny...lol...

And about the whole Anakin/halucination thing, I really think that Anakin's spirit visited him all three times.

Andy

** posts without reading topic **

I NEED THIS BOOK!!!

Even if it takes all holiday to find it :mad:

Sticks

Yes, Beeurd, you do need this book! I think I'll read it again now...

MsSolo

I still find myself wondering if Jacen is on the side of the NR now.

:spoiler: (do we still have that emoticon?) []Apparantly in Destiny's Way (now there's an ominous title) Vergere meets Lulke in person, and there's speculation as to whether Jacen's current alive state is revealed to all and siundry, ie Jaina. I don't think they're reunitied in that book (esp considering the title of one of the alter books which I've momentarily forgotten, reunion or something) which would be odd if he's supposed to be back on the side of the NR

I always believed there was only one side of the force (ask GMT!). I loved the philosophy in this book, and though there was very little aciton until Jacen hit Coruscant, it didn't drag. i got the feeling about halfway through the chapter that Ganner would die and had to force myself to keep on reading. :( What else is he in prior to the NJO?

This is probably the best SW book I've read, partly because it is so un-SW. It's certainly one of the best books I've ever read, and considering the amount I read that's pretty impressive.

Starstripe

mustgetmustgetmustgetmustgetmustgetmustgetmustgetmustgetmustgetNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pandora

After reading that, I'd say a great deal of my outlook on a lot of things changed, not just with the jedi and SW, but you can apply so much of that to real life too. "Everything I tell you is a lie." "Questions themselves are worth more than the answers." Just about everything Vergere said to Jacen.

And the Anakin thing! Okay, I admit, I cried the third time. I think Jacen was hallucinating, but I think that maybe the Force had a small play in it. Maybe Jacen needed that experience to draw him back out into the light?

I found it most refreshing to read the end... I really hope Nom Anor finally bit the big one. I've been waiting for that dork to die since about mid-Ruin. He really gets annoying after a while!

Andy

mustgetmustgetmustgetmustgetmustgetmustgetmustgetmustgetmustgetNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

precicely (sp?) :mad:

There's a bookshop about 2 miles away from the hotel (I'm in Kissimee now)

Pandora

Well, what's wrong with you boy?! Go get it!!!

sarah

Well, what's wrong with you boy?! Go get it!!!

Yes! Listen to pod, you must. Go! Go!

Master MJade

TRAITOR RULEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sticks

*sigh*

DW comes out on...what is it, the end of October? Such a long time from now...

Or is it the end of September? I dunno...

Andy

I think its November actually...

Corran Horn

I don't think I can wait that long. Arg... Why couldn't they shove all the books in one month. That way I wouldn't have to wait, *sigh* But they never listen to the wise words of Corran Horn. :eat:

Andy

Or put it all in one book? :D

^Hal^

Now that would be a weighty tome if ther evr was one....

Corran Horn

But wouldn't that be so cool. Now where would I put it??

Pandora

All of you that made guess on DW's release date were wrong! It's September 28! I looked last night, and left a not-so-subtle excuse for a hint on the desk top for dad... I set the pic of it as the wallpaper! :grin:

Sticks

hey, i was close, i said the end of september...

That soon! Yes!!!!!!!!!!

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.