Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Andy

Episode VII lightsaber inspired by Apple?

Andy

While we haven't seen much of The Force Awakens yet, one thing we have seen is the highly controversial cross-guard lightsaber wielded by the mysterious cloaked figure currently known to us only by a brief segment of the teaser trailer, and his name: Kylo Ren.

In an interview with the New Yorker, Apple's chief designer Jonathan Ive has recalled a dinner party conversation he attended with Star Wars director JJ Abrams where the topic of conversation turned towards lightsaber design.

It was just a conversation... I thought it would be interesting if it were less precise, and just a little bit more spitty... more analog and more primitive, and I think, in that way, somehow more ominous.

It's unknown as to how influential Ive's suggestion to Abrams was, but if anybody was going to design a more sinister looking lightsaber it would be Apple. ;)

Click here to view the article

Bad furday

If Johnathan I've and Apple designed a light saber handle, it'd be one piece of extruded aluminum that fits over a core and base containing the power cells and crystal. ...and only have one button that's nearly flush with the rest of the outer case ;)

• Upvote 1

Mara

And cost ten times more than a regular lightsaber. ;p

Edited by Mara
  • Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.