Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Andy

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

Andy

The poster was revealed today, it's pretty sweet!

FB_IMG_1468611187581.thumb.jpg.144ad895d

Mara

I loves it. And cannot wait for December. That BTS clip just made me want it more.

Andy

I know, I'm really looking forward to it :)

Mara

A new trailer is set to hit Thursday!

For us, during Olympics coverage, but I'm sure it'll be all over the interwebs.

Andy

Why do seem to get trailers for trailers these days? 

Mara

ha. We also seem to get trailers earlier and earlier now. Like sometimes a year or more ahead.

Anyway  here is the new one! I cannot stop watching it.

"The captain says you are a friend. I will not kill you." "...Thanks."

AHAHAHAHA.

Also, VADER'S BACK. (Which we knew but now we see him).

Mara

Also, earlier, director Gareth Edwards spilled some details about the planet Jedha featured in the film:

Jedha: Force Mecca?

And it may have something that is important both to the Empire and the Rebellion. Speculation is that it's kyber crystals.

It's also the homeworld of three of our characters: Chirrut, Baze, and Bodhi.

Andy

It all sounds quite interesting, and the trailer is pretty darn good.

It really does look like they've put a lot of thought and effort into it when they could easily have just thrown something together and people would still watch it.

I'm really looking forward to it. I want planning on making a big effort to see the spin-offs at the cinema but I'm gradually changing my mind.

Mara

Yeah I was kind of the same way. I was like, oh, noes, the Disney money machine.

But this film looks pretty epic. I can't wait.

Mara

(I think this ^ belongs in the Han Solo movie thread. :p)

Anyway, apparently a synopsis was leaked of the Catalyst novel, the one that's a prequel to Rogue One. And gives a bit more details as to the motivations of a couple characters.

Since it could contain mild spoilers, depending on your level of comfort, I'll put it in spoilers. If I can find the button.

Suffice to say, I find it quite interesting and can't wait for the movie!

Spoiler

War is tearing the galaxy apart. For years the Republic and the Separatists have battled across the stars, each building more and more deadly technology in an attempt to win the war. As a member of Chancellor Palpatine’s top secret Death Star project, Orson Krennic is determined to develop a superweapon before their enemies can. And an old friend of Krennic’s, the brilliant scientist Galen Erso, could be the key.

Galen’s energy-focused research has captured the attention of both Krennic and his foes, making the scientist a crucial pawn in the galactic conflict. But after Krennic rescues Galen, his wife, Lyra, and their young daughter, Jyn, from Separatist kidnappers, the Erso family is deeply in Krennic’s debt. Krennic then offers Galen an extraordinary opportunity: to continue his scientific studies with every resource put utterly at his disposal. While Galen and Lyra believe that his energy research will be used purely in altruistic ways, Krennic has other plans that will finally make the Death Star a reality. Trapped in their benefactor’s tightening grasp, the Ersos must untangle Krennic’s web of deception to save themselves and the galaxy itself.

Edited by Mara

Andy

Whoops, my bad! I normally use the mobile version and always get my tabs muddled up. :p

Mara

To be honest, if it's not Williams, does it matter? lol

Andy

Ooh, burn! :p

Mara

I'm serious. :p

But I'm sure he'll be working a lot with Williams's previous work, just adding in his own new themes for new characters. I mean, I'm sure there will be plenty of Imperial March to hear.

But anyway... what are your thoughts on Rogue One not having an opening crawl?

I'm kind of on the fence about it. On one hand, I feel like I will miss it, being Star Wars and all, and unsure about it all. But on the other, it is not one of the main saga/trilogy films, and in that way, I'm okay with it, setting it apart.

Andy

I'm okay with it not having a crawl actually. At first it seemed an odd move but I think it'll be good to set the anthology films apart from the main saga.

Mara

That's sort of where I lean too. I was upset at first, like, NO IT'S STAR WARS.  But now... I'm good with it.

Also, rumors are that the final trailer will premiere in front of Doctor Strange at the end of the month. (And that tickets will go on sale then too, like they did with TFA).

Mara

The final trailer dropped the other day...

And all I can do in reaction is...

*throws money at Disney*

...at least, whenever tickets finally go on sale... *waits impatiently*

Andy

That's pretty much my reaction too, I'm probably going to see it at the cinema, although I want originally planning to.

Mara

Yeah. I mean, I was going to see it anyway, 'cause Star Wars. But now, I'm like... MUST SEE NOW.

• Upvote 1

Andy

Exactly! :D

Mara

Well, I suppose it is no surprise it's been rated PG-13. For "extended sequences of sci-fi violence and action."

Andy

I figured it would be something like that. :)

Mara

I have my tickets!!

I CANNOT WAIT TIL THURSDAY.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.