Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Andy

Boba Fett movie in production?

Andy

Metalocalypse director John Schnepp has stated in an interview that a Boba Fett movie is already in pre-production.It was reported several months ago that Disney planned to intersperse the movies of the main Star Wars saga with spin-off films unrelated to the main story, but focusing on specific characters from the saga. As Boba Fett is perhaps one of the most loved minor characters from the classic Star Wars trilogy, it may be no surprise that Disney want to create an origin story for him.

Joe Schnepp revealed the information during a press interview where he said that he knew for a fact that one of the spin-off movies was a Boba Fett story written by Lawrence Kasdan and already in pre-production.

Fett received the origin treatment in Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones, when it was revealed that Boba was a clone of the bounty hunter Jango Fett. It is currently unknown whether a new film would explore this in more detail or take place in the gap between the classic and prequel trilogies.

With the expanded universe no longer canon, it is currently assumed that Fett's death in Return of the Jedi has been reinstated.

Click here to view the article

Mara

Saw awhile back that this was going to be one of the spin-off stand-alone films.

I'm not really sure if I'm excited for a whole movie just focused on Boba Fett. But I suppose it depends on who they get to play him (Temuera Morrison??), and which part of his life they explore. I imagine it would make the most sense to do something post-Clones/Revenge, and see him as a young adult, just getting started.

Andy

I remember hearing years ago when they were still taking about the live action TV series that Daniel Logan who played Boba in AotC was up for reprising the role. He'd be in his late 20s now, so could work in a movie set between the trilogies.

Mara

Hmm. I hadn't thought of that. And it would make more sense; though Morrison would look like all the clones/Boba, he's probably a bit too old now, lol. If they go with a younger Boba for the film.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.