Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

TheUnknown

Details for Episode VII Emerge

TheUnknown

A post on Starwars.com has revealed a few important details about Episode VII's plot and release date. The article states that Episode VII will take place about 30 years after the Episode VI: Return of the Jedi and will feature several existing (though as of yet unnamed) characters along with "a trio of new young leads.". Shooting is to begin in May. A release date has been set for December 18, 2015.

Update: It has now also been confirmed that Star Wars: Episode VII will be heading to super-sized IMAX screens, despite earlier reservations about the format by director JJ Abrams.

Click here to view the article

TheUnknown

My first thought upon hearing "trio of new young leads" was the Solo kids.

Andy

I like how they only really confirm some of the things that everybody already figured it anyway.

Mara

Haha, yeah.

And I don't think the full trio is necessarily the Solo kids, considering the plot is supposed to be original. Could just be some Jedi that Luke is teaching. Or his kid(s). Or something.

Or... one of them is the villain.

Here's a discussion point --

What if they are the three Solo kids... but they have different names/genders than the EU versions?

Would you be happy that they're there in some form... or is it all or nothing?

Edited by Mara

Andy

I'm not sure how I feel about that at the moment. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Mara

Yeah.

I'm just bracing myself for it to be entirely set apart from what I know in the EU. And to consider them seperate entities. (Plus, quite honestly, I wouldn't be at all bothered if the EU Solo kids are nowhere to be found in the films.)

Edited by Mara

Drake

I'm a purist. I didn't like when they replaced the original Clone Wars cartoon with the CG version. I didn't like when the new show also forced Karen Traviss to quit Star Wars. She's not the best of the writers, sure, but she put a heck of a lot of time and imagination into creating the world of the Mandalorians/clone troopers only to have it all trampled on by that show. I didn't like that they changed the name of Korriban to Moraband or whatever. If VII doesn't fit into current EU canon, I probably won't like it and, depending on how drastic the changes, I may not even see it in theatres.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.