Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Mara

Zach Snyder's Superman (and Batman)

Mara

I looked and didn't see a topic for these yet...

Anyway, this is for the Man of Steel film... and the upcoming Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice... (and any others that may come in the future).

I thought Man of Steel was awesome. Just watched it again a couple weeks ago.

And I'm pretty excited about the Batman vs. Superman one coming out in 2016.

I'm honestly not all that bothered about Ben Affleck as Batman, though I know a bunch of others are.

Plus, filming starts next month, in Michigan!

I suppose the only negative I have, is the title. I think they could have thought up something more original. ;p

Edited by Mara

Drake

I'm not a huge fan of DC's remakes. Christian Bale's Batman was far too dark and they tried too hard to make them serious. The same was for Man of Steel. I really liked Superman Returns because it was much more in line with the Superman mythos. The DC animated movies are far better, IMO. Just watched Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox and Justice League: War. They were much more like how the characters should be.

I guess we'll see how this one turns out but my hopes are low.

Mara

Never saw Superman Returns. In the previews, it looked kind of silly.  And the only animation I've seen is the animated series TV show from the '90s.

But I have seen the original Superman... and I doubt anything will ever compare to that one.

Personally, I like this newer reimagined version of Superman. But I've never read the comics, either. And my only other exposure to the character has really just been Smallville. ;p

Drake

Superman Returns is a modern continuation of the original Superman films. Kevin Spacey alone is worth the watch.

Andy

I also liked Man of Steel. Wasn't my favourite superhero film ever, but I found it enjoyable enough. Not sure what to think of the Batman/Superman one though, especially with recasting Batman. :/

Mara

Well, Batman kind of had to be re-cast. Since this is a different set of films and everything. This is not Nolan's 'verse. ;p Christian Bale was done with Batman after the Dark Knight trilogy.

Andy

Yeah, but that's kind of what I mean. It's too soon to reboot again, IMO.

Mara

*shrug* I don't really see it as a reboot. More as just a reimagined character among the many that will populate this film.

There's rumors of other Justice League characters being involved, too. Like Wonder Woman, and to a lesser extent, Green Lantern, Aquaman, and Green Arrow. Batman is just there because he's part of the overall story.

I shouldn't think they'll spend as much time on Batman's backstory as they did with Superman, but who knows.

I loved Bale's Batman, too. But I'm also curious to see how this one turns out and the juxtaposition with Superman. 

Drake

There's a Justice League movie in the works. Not certain if it's a spinoff of Snyder's interpretation.

Mara

Well, I had heard, maybe rumor, that whoever got cast as Batman in this new one, and probably Henry Cavill's Superman, would be in the Justice League movie. But I haven't heard anything lately.

Mara

Official title for the new movie is Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.

So methinks this is obvious foreshadowing to the Justice League moving, coming later.

Mara

So the trailer, which is supposed to drop next week, was leaked online...

Most of them were pulled, but I found one, if you're curious. (Have to scroll through the article for the video).

Leaked Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice trailer

Andy

Yeah, that's gone. :p

Mara

No worries, the official one is up now!

Andy

Hmm... I don't really know what to think about it yet. There are much more exciting films coming up. :p

Edited by Andy

Mara

Haha, true... ;p This one is over a year away haha.

And the trailer doesn't really give too much away.  But I loved Man of Steel, so I'm willing to give this the benefit of a doubt.

I think my favorite part is Batman asking Superman: "Do you bleed?"

Edited by Mara

Mara

New trailer!

Mara

A few weeks ago, a new trailer was released:

Gotta love the end, when Wonder Woman has to save their butts, haha.

Edited by Mara

Andy

I hadn't even realised Wonder Woman was going to be in it. 

Mara

Oh, yeah. And Aquaman and Cyborg and others.

Andy

Anybody else? lol, why does everybody try and get all their characters into one film these days? :p

Mara

Well, it's also supposed to be the dawn of the Justice League, so I think that's why. :p I think most of these guys will just have cameos or small roles at the end.

Mara

The final trailer dropped yesterday!

I am so stoked for this movie.

Mara

Got my ticket for tomorrow night. :D:D

Andy

I'm still unsure, let me know how it was :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.