Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Andy

Aaron Allston passes away aged 53

Andy

Veteran author of the Star Wars expanded universe, Aaron Allston, has passed away aged 53.The much beloved author collapsed at VisionCon in Springfield, Missouri, with suspected heart failure.

Allston's friend and fellow Star Wars author Timothy Zahn, posted a tribute on Facebook:

Aaron was a wonderful author, a devastating punster, an erudite teacher, and -- most of all -- a wonderful friend. His humor in the midst of his pain and medical difficulties was an inspiration to everyone around him, and I will always remember the panels he and I (often with Mike Stackpole) did together. The Aaron, Mike, and Tim show, as we called it, has come to a sad close.

Aaron Allston was a Texas-born veteran of Star Wars, most well known to fans for his contributions to the X-Wing and New Jedi Order series. He also wrote for the Legacy of the Force and Fate of the Jedi series. His last Star Wars novel was took him back to his roots with X-Wing: Mercy Kill.

His dedication to sci-fi and fantasy, and the unrivalled wit he poured into his writing will be sorely missed by fans.

Rest in peace Aaron Allston, 1960 - 2014.

Click here to view the article

Radioactive Isotope

Oh no! :cry:

This is indeed very sad news. He will be greatly missed. :(

Mara

So sad to see someone like him go so young, with so much left to give.

Bad furday

:(

Andy

I have thoroughly enjoyed every book of goods that I've read. He was easily my favourite Star Wars author. :(

Princess

I met him at the Barnes and Noble booth at CVI.  My copy of Mercy Kill is signed by him.  He was very friendly and I always enjoyed his books

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.