Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Mara

Who missed me? Return of the Mara

Mara

So after about two and a half years, I've decided to pop back in here and see how y'all are, and who remembers me, haha.

(I wanted to return earlier, but life stuff got in the way.)

What originally had been an experiment on my part (when I left for vacation in Aug. 2011, I just never came back here when I got back, to see if anyone would notice, kind of pathetic really) turned into a more extensive leave of absence than I had planned on. Partly because I got busy elsewhere.

To avoid a barage of questions, here's what's happen in the past two and a half years:

I lost my job a year ago Dec. And I'm still unemployed. So I still live at home with my parents, because when I was planning on buying a house, was when I was on my last couple months on the job. So now all the money I had saved up is just going to bills and staying afloat.

We had to move my grandmother out of her house and into an assisted living facility last Aug. And there's been a lot of headaches along with that.

Last fall, the motherboard blew out on my computer of eight years. And I just last Sat. bought a new one.

Otherwise, my life has just been as  boring as always. Except even more so, because I have nothing at all to do.

What about the rest of y'all? Hope the last couple years has treated you better.

Anyway, what I really should say is: I'm back! 

Andy

Welcome back!

Don't worry I think everybody had been afk for a while. Just recently I've been trying to prod this old place back into shape, hope you like the changes.

Sorry to hear about your job, I know all too well how crap being made redundant is; I was unemployed for a year and am now doing minimum wage work with less than full time hours.

However, I am now out of my parents' hair and living with my partner of almost two years.

So all in all, some good some bad here. Such is life!

Mara

Thanks. :)

And yes, the changes look good, though I haven't had time to really look around.

Well, my job loss wasn't exactly about redunancy (though I guess in a odd way it was) and more about a corporate merger, with the new parent company deciding it wasn't worth the expense keeping our office open, even though we were the best workers in the whole company before the merge. Offered us jobs in the new company's Pittsburgh office, but there was no way I was moving. So here I am, stuck.

Been on a couple interviews last year, but got nowhere.

At least last year I had unemployment benefits and actually had some 'income'; this year, I didn't qualify for some stupid reason so I'm just slowing losing money.

Good to hear that you're doing well, for the most part. :)

TheUnknown

Welcome back.  Sorry to hear about all the sith you've experienced.

Mara

Thanks. :)

I've been trying to focus on the positive things. Like, I'm saving on gas money. And I didn't have to drive in all this awful snow.

And I'm glad I'm not a drinker, because after the last year and a half, if I was one, I'd probably be a case for a triple dose of rehab.

Edited by Mara

Bad furday

This is quite a surprise,... *cacklesing* Welcome back,  welcome back, welcome baaaack!"

Mara

Hey, thanks, Furry. :)

Ana

I'm late, and just returned myself, but welcome back! It's good to have this safe old place to return to, even when the rest of life is sithty. 

Andy

Amen to that, and its good to see you again Ana. :)

Ana

Thanks B. :) 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.