Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Andy

The Great EU Shake-up. What could you live without?

Andy

So, if rumours are true the EU could be getting drastically cut down to size.

I was wondering what novels or other EU material you would be okay with if it were dropped from Star Wars canon?

Radioactive Isotope

The Clone Wars series. As far as I'm concerned, that never happened. Also Galaxy of Fear series and that one with the kid (Ken? I think?). The latter I didn't think was cannon anyway.

Andy

The newer Clone Wars series? I haven't watched it, still.

Crystal Star can be quietly swept under the rug... 

Drake

I could probably do without all the stuff after NJO, including the Legacy comic series.

Edited by Drake

Andy

Did you not enjoy it then? I still haven't read it all.

Wasn't the biggest fan of Dark Nest, but I didn't dislike it either. I definitely would be sad if the NJO itself got canned, but unfortunately it is also one of the series that probably causes the most headaches for the movie scriptwriting team.

Mara

Sacrifice?

Haha, in all seriousness... I'm not sure. All the EU novels I've read, I enjoyed. Some more than others, obviously. But they all have their various contributions, I think, to the overall canon.

Even if part or the entire EU has to be considered AU instead after Ep. 7, it doesn't mean I'll enjoy it less. Or stop reading it. Depending on the story, I may like it more than the film, haha.

Radioactive Isotope

Now that I've been thinking more, I could do without the whole "let's make Jacen a Darth Vader clone and turn him to the dark side" arc. The one good thing to come out of it was Ben Skywalker being old enough to have an impact on the narrative. Which of course lead to snarky Ben in the Fate of the Jedi novels. I like Snarky!Ben.

Drake

Did you not enjoy it then? I still haven't read it all.

I enjoyed them but, if a line had to be drawn, I would be ok with a fresh start after NJO. The constant "let's have the government, that they worked so hard to establish, sith on the Jedi Order" theme was getting tiresome.

Andy

Ah, fair enough. Is it worth reading though? lol

Drake

*contemplates*

There were many moments that stood out. Not as epic as NJO, I think. Then again, it was a very long time since I last read NJO. The new series' were good. I'd say read away!

Princess

It depends.

DAMNIT D!  That avatar is unfair!!!! *Props eyes open with toothpicks*

Drake

Bahahaha!

Andy

DAMNIT D!  That avatar is unfair!!!! *Props eyes open with toothpicks*

Don't look into the eyes!

Bad furday

Sometimes, I wonder what I'd do if I turned around in my chair, away from the computer and came face to face with a weeping angel standing right behind me... :p

Radioactive Isotope

You'd scream like a little girl. :p

Bad furday

I'd probably forget to not blink :p

It's stone, right?  Let me walk backwards into the workroom and get a mallet and hammer... ;)

Edited by Bad furday

Mara

Why not just a couple sticks of dynamite?

Drake

Print off a picture of the weeping angel and hang it up in front of the real one. Forever quantum locked.

Anyway. Off-topic. ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.