Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Andy

Hasbro told to stop making EU figures

Andy

Hasbro have reportedly been told to stop making action figures of characters from the Expanded Universe.According to a report from Jedi Temple Archives, Lucasfilm has informed Hasbro to stop making new expanded universe figures, or even re-releasing old ones. So far there are only a few exceptions to this instruction; rereleases of Bastila Shan, Darth Malgus, Republic Trooper, and Starkiller have all been given the go-ahead due to poor distribution on their original run.

Hasbro will instead be focusing on the new Star Wars: Rebels line and classic trilogy characters, and while the prequel era is not off-limits we can expect to see a decrease in activity there too.

It could be that this is just a precaution while the Lucasfilm Story Group consolidates canon into one cohesive continuity, but it does seem to back up earlier rumours that the Star Wars expanded universe as we know it has its days well and truly numbered.

Click here to view the article

Drake

Buy them up when and where you can. They will become collector's items.

• Upvote 1

Bad furday

Lol, trying to think of what I have that's EU....I suppose Shadows of the Empire is cannon EU...hmmm... *ponders*

Andy

Good idea... I did think of buying up loads of EU novels before it's too late. :p

Bad furday

There goes my hope for a Luke/ Callista two pack :p

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.