Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Andy

News: 1313 trademark dropped by Disney

Andy

In case you were still clinging to the tattered remains of your hopes for Star Wars 1313, once one of LucasArts' most anticipated games, allow me to dash those hopes.According to the US Patent and Trademark Office website, the trademark for Star Wars 1313 has now lapsed after Disney failed to renew the mark. Allowing trademarks to expire is highly uncharacteristic of the Disney empire, and thus we can only assume the worst.

Even after Disney took control of LucasArts and laid waste to the staff roster we held on to hope that development would be resumed once restructuring was complete. And when Electronic Arts was granted the licence to develop games for the franchise, did we falter? No! Well, some of us sure did, but there was still a glimmer of hope that all the effort that had already gone in to 1313 would not be left to rot.

Now it seems the final nail has been driven into 1313's coffin.

RIP Star Wars 1313; gone but not forgotten.

Click here to view the article

Radioactive Isotope

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! :wail:

TheUnknown

This is bullsith!  ewok Disney for not letting such a promising game happen.

Andy

I know, I'm pretty gutted...hence the over dramatic tone. :p

Radioactive Isotope

The game was practically done, wasn't it? Between this and the rumor I heard about all EU material being declared non-cannon, I'm not holding out much hope for the future of Star Wars.

Andy

Yeah, it is a bit irritating to say the least... And I'm not sure about the whole EU being disregarded, as they made that new Story Group with Leyland Chee and Pablo Hidalgo, who were always very pro-EU, as far as I know.

Radioactive Isotope

Well, like I said, it was just a rumor that I hope isn't true. There's over three decades of material there. If they toss the EU, it would be like WoW suddenly declaring only the first game ever happened.

• Upvote 1

k.a.mara

Sad, it looks like an awesome game. My kids would have really loved to play this. Shame disney's that short sighted. From the looks of it, I would have enjoyed seeing this as a storyline on the big screen.

• Upvote 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.