Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Andy

News: Lucasfilm Story Group to redefine canon

Andy

Not sure if anybody saw this yet, haven't had time to write up a proper article for.the homepage, but it seems that a new group has been formed to sort out the inconsistencies in the current hierarchy of canon... Could this mean that Disney ARE planning to keep the EU intact after all?

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/01/07/lucasfilms-story-group-are-working-on-defining-a-single-coherent-canon/

This post has been promoted to an article

TheUnknown

Either that or they're going to royally ewok up the EU with Episode VII and need to clean up the damage. 

k.a.mara

the best we could have hoped for would have been to just have an offshoot storyline with other characters only making mention of things in the EU if need be.  You could have a good story by looking at what happened after return of the Jedi in other parts of the universe or maybe Coruscants lower levels.

Personally, I think it would have been better to just go into the future and use Cade Skywalker in that graphic novel series.

• Upvote 1

Andy

I've only read the first Legacy comic, I think, but that series (or the NJO) would be good candidates for movie stories, IMO.

Mara

Either that or they're going to royally ewok up the EU with Episode VII and need to clean up the damage. 

I'm more inclined to go with this reason.

Mara

Last night I just thought of a sort of analogy for this...

It's just like how the die-hard DC and Marvel comic fans whine about inconsistencies in the superhero movies.

The comics vs movies will be like our SW EU versus the SW movies.

They both exist, and sometimes are independent of one another, or are just different interpreatations. And we'll have to either get used to it, or forget one of them. :p

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.