Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Radioactive Isotope

Spin-Offs Will be Origin Stories

Radioactive Isotope

We've known for some time that standalone films about famous suporting characters are in development alongside the trilogy beginning with Star Wars Episode VII. Now Rasulo reveals that those standalone films will be origin stories.

Reaffirming that we can expect a Star Wars every year from 2015 on, [Disney's chief financial officer Jay] Rasulo's wording (only paraphrased by Variety) was that Disney will be alternating a trilogy film and "an origin story" annually. If you were an investor, you'd be reassured that that strategy sits alongside two Marvels, a Disney animation, and one or two Pixars.Read the rest of the article here.

Click here to view the article

TheUnknown

I'm kind of torn on this.  On the one hand, I'd like to see more of the Star Wars saga put to film, especially to learn more about Yoda and whatnot.  On the other hand, I'm not only worried that it'll make for further disruptions to the EU canon but also cause the quality of Eps 7-9 to go down because of dividing their efforts too much.

Andy

Yeah, hopefully the quality of the movies isn't affected. I like to think they are sensible enough to make sure.they don't cut corners with the main series at least.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.