Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Uncle Du

Episode VII and Beyond (Spoilers & Speculation)

Uncle Du

Didn't see anything updated in here, so figured I would start this thread so we have a place for all the rumors and hypothesis about the new movies.

I think my biggest thing is this: if they don't follow the EU in SOME way, it would be like a huuuuge "EFF YOU" to all the fans that have read, and made the EU so crazy successful. Just hope that ol George retains enough power to keep Disney from screwin' with the entire universe.

Edited by TheUnknown
Added Tags

Bad furday

Yes, getting everything to fit with the Eu will be difficult. But then again, George has ignored the Eu before- I should post the page from the first edition Star Wars encyclopedia, in which Boba Fett is not and never was a clone.

Uncle Du

Very true.

Bad furday

Hmmm...it's not the first ed. Encyclopedia, so I'm going to have to keep searching my books until I find that pic!

Pandora

I honestly find myself not looking forward to episode 7. It would just be too easy to mess up the story lines that have become "canon". There's also the threat of really horrible casting decisions (as in anyone who appeared in Twilight....).

Uncle Du

Yea, I really don't see myself getting all worked up over this. The books were just too awesome, and went perfectly with the rest of the universe.

Bad furday

I'm interested to see what the new "look" is for these films. The original trilogy, and the prequel trilogy, had distinctive looks that it didn't matter what film you saw a glimpse of, you knew what trilogy it belonged in. I think this new trilogy will be the same.

I also never imagined I'd be waiting in line for a Star Wars movie ever again. :p

Pandora

Yeah, there is that. I think when it comes down to it, I've gotta support the franchise, but I'm going to be real careful not to get my hopes and expectations up too high.

Uncle Du

Haha! I don't think any one here can kid themselves and say they won't support the new movies in some way. I know that I'll be standing in line at midnight, a mid-thirties guy, with his kid in tow, and all his geek ass friends and their kids too. That's how we roll. And we know this. ;)

Bad furday

Also...the planned release is 2015....and the alleged Celebration VII is in 2014...presumably in Orlando, because it will be the third year of their agreement (ie: they said there was a three year contract with the Orange Convention Center for Celebrations, but they didn't say it was three consecutive years ;) )...

The anticipation at that convention will be amazing!

Uncle Du

And hopefully I'll be able to make that one dammit!

Pandora

Ditto.

Bad furday

Yay! :D

Uncle Du

I'm totally focused on getting my debts paid down/off in the next two years. If I can handle another two years of this traveling bullsith. I'm trying to keep my eyes on the prize and think about all the great sith I can do if I pay all this crap off.

Pandora

Brother, you are not alone.

• Upvote 1

Ayingel

Same here. I really want to go!!!

James the Defender

And now Lucasfilm has decided to indefinitely postpone the 3D releases of Episodes II & III to focus "100%" on Episode VII. I wanted to see those this year...especially RotS... Grr....

Drake

Well, if the rumours are (hopefully) true, they will be remaking the prequels once the next trilogy is done.

TheUnknown

I am really, really worried about them completely destroying the EU. Hopefully, they realize that characters like Thrawn, Mara Jade, Corran Horn, the Solo children, etc. and events are really popular and that destroying them would create a backlash.

James the Defender

I agree. Let's say the new movie takes place before the NJO and kills of Han, just saying, just for instance. That would destroy EVERYTHING NJO and beyond. That's unthinkable. To think Traitor never happened... Wow.

TheUnknown

Lucas et al. have at least shown some willingness to accept EU-related material (e.g., Coruscant as the capital, Kashyyyk as the wookiee homeworld, Aaylah Secura). Hopefully, they realize this and try to find ways that don't screw everything up.

Edited by TheUnknown
EU, not NJO

James the Defender

Maybe you're right. Hopefully in the future we won't be saying about Disney-buys-Lucas, "This deal is getting worse all the time."

• Upvote 1

TheUnknown

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7055567104/h59A6ABE5/

Princess

Haha I saw that

Pandora

So wrong.... :lol:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.