Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Pandora

Galactic Times

Pandora

Did you guys see this? Disney bought Lucasfilm.. Now it looks like they'll make an episode 7 in a few years...? I'm not sure how I feel about this yet.

• Upvote 1

Ayingel

I WAS JUST GOING TO POST THIS

I hope to all goodness that they don't make a seven. The franchise has suffered a little with all the other things they've done.

Pandora

The more I think about it, the more I think you're right.

Ayingel

I mean, unless it's an EU, like, maybe with the children. Then they won't be replacing the actors. They can use them as they are now and highlight the children.

Princess

I don't know how I feel about this yet

Drake

This is why we can't have nice things.

• Upvote 2

Pandora

:lol: Best reaction, Drake.

Ayingel

And apparently Fox is retaining the rights to the original films. People are apparently calling this a big deal. Hello, they've been working together for a bit (Disney and Fox)...

Radioactive Isotope

And the EU continuity is going right out the window. :(

Ayingel
tumblr_m94ha9x04L1rn95k2o1_250.gif Edited by Ayingel

Princess

LOL! That's great

James the Defender

I was blown away when I saw this. Disney says Episodes VII, VIII, and IX are in the works. I would assume they cannot be animated with Episodes I-VI being live action. However, I'm just anxious that these movies are going to make a paradigm shift toward childish. I can just picture more of a Spaceballs-type movie without all the overt innuendos and that scares me to no end. Of course that's a bit of hyperbole, but I hope everyone gets the picture. :)

P.S. For those who follow football and/or know certain players, I saw a tweet earlier which said something to the effect of: 'SPOILER: In Star Wars Episode 7 Luke finds out he is actually the son of [Jets CB] Antonio Cromartie,' I laughed SO HARD!

Drake

Well, to be honest, I can see there being hope. Disney bought Marvel and proceeded to make all the current Avengers-related movies. Lucas isn't at the helm now, despite being made a creative consultant. Even so, when making Episode I, they included Coruscant (an EU created world), among other things. Worst case scenario, they say screw the fans and do whatever fancies them. Likely case scenario, they make a story near or during a notable event in the EU but remove it from the original OR they do a remake of a popular book/series. Best case scenario, they stay true to the EU and bring on the authors to help write for them.

• Upvote 2

James the Defender

I also hope they cast John Williams to continue to do the music and I hope he accepts, He is a big part of this franchise now.

Andy

I still don't know whether to laugh or cry. :p

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.