Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Ana

Quite possibly the best fantasy writer since Tolkien.

I love love love his work. Also, his style, with each chapter being in the point of view of a different person. The storylines and family ties are difficult to keep straight sometimes but it's so worth it because the tale that unfolds is so rich and multidimensional. He's not afraid to kill off your favorite characters; luckily, you probably end up having about seven favorites, so if he kills off three you've still got some left.

I desperately want the next book now Now NOW.

Edited by TheUnknown
Added Tags; Merged with Newer Topic

Chris/Tauntaun13

It's epic. It's gargantuan. It's exhilarating. It's dazzling. It's...

*Foams at the mouth and falls over backwards*

Ummm, what was I saying? Oh, yes. Whatever way you put it, it's a classic.

Ana

Who are your favorite characters?

Chris/Tauntaun13

Hm, well Tyrion (cliche, but he does provide the majority of comic relief that is needed in such a heavy book) and Brienne (I like her stubborness) from the POVs and probably Sandor from the secondary characters. But I try to not get attached to anyone in particular, since as you know they might be dead on the next page :p Oh and I also "love to hate" Cersei.

Ana

I like Tyrion, Brienne, Daenerys, Bran, Sansa, and Jon for the main characters, and Mance Rayder and Podrick Payne from the small guys.

Princess

Discuss the epic series in here. Please use spoiler tags for discussion of A Dance with Dragons since that is still in hardcover.

I love this series. I think that you need a spreadsheet to keep track of who's alive and dead though.

I was very disappointed in Jon Snow's "death" at the end of A Dance with Dragons though

:(

Andy

Anybody know when the next book is due out? I'll have forgotten everything by the time I get to it at this rate!

Princess

I don't know.  I know there's a meme out there that every time someone asks Martin when the next book is out that he kills another Stark

Andy

Running out of those! ;)

Princess

Nah.  He'll just have a nerfherder pop up from somewhere, get us all to love the character and hten kill the person in the most grisly and surprising way possible

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.