Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Andy

10 years of Galactic Basic

Andy

I'm not sure where all those years have gone, but Galactic Basic reaches a milestone today and turns 10 years old!

The days where we still used the message boards on the official Star Wars site don't seem that long ago, but there have been so many memories made here in our little corner of the internet. Jedi Punks, drunken posting, romance, revenge, controversy, and prodfests to name but a few.

And although the years may have changed us, I like to think that the friendships we have made over the years will last a lifetime.

What are your fondest memories of life at GB?

P4-LPY

I liked the part where I stabbed beeurd!

Andy

Bad sock puppet, bad! :eek:

James the Defender

Getting a stern talking to by Prin, but I'm sure I'm not the only one :p

Bad furday

I remember constant parties in the various cantinas, and Chozen trolling everyone, and the antics of GI and CorSec, and Haladar, and Ender, and MDN2, and all those other past members....such great times. Pod and Prin spreeing the boards...me getting beeurdwailed constantly :p And how if the SW board mods hadn't closed our story, we likely wouldn't have ended up here....all thanks to a story called Jedi Punks! :D

CorSec

I remember constant parties in the various cantinas, and Chozen trolling everyone, and the antics of GI and CorSec, and Haladar, and Ender, and MDN2, and all those other past members

Past members? You never stop being a member of Galactic Basic dot net. =)

Bad furday

*applauds* :D

Ana

Oh geez, where to start? Saturday morning posting sprees when almost all the North Americans were online at once and you could never keep up with all the threads. Blending Ewoks and killing Kyps and people walking in in a new clone body. Just, I dunno, EVERYTHING.

Bad furday

Or when we logged on to/ had a convo on GB while eating at C5, and realising this is our home away from home!

Pandora

My favorite part about this whole crazy ride is that the friendships we've made here have turned out to be rather enduring. Not a lot of people can say their maid of honor was a friend that originally started online.

Getting recognized as a group at C3 was pretty freaking awsome too.

Thank goodness we never really grew all the way up!

Andy

Getting recognized as a group at C3 was pretty freaking awsome too.

I totally forgot about that! xD

Drake

I have many fond memories but what stands out the most to me is how we have gone from a rowdy collection of young people, largely still in high school, with HUGE differences in opinion that often resulted in flame wars and feuds to a close-knit group of friends who respect and gain strength from each others differences. We are a family, still dysfunctional, and Galactic Basic is our home.

My wish is for another 10 years, and beyond, with you crazy people!

That said, I remember intense lightsaber battles with GI. :p

Ayingel

Being B's momma....and my first days here with ya'll and JC

Princess

Getting choked by Precious my first day. The giant MSN convos too

E-wing

10 years..... so many random thoughts, so many stupid jokes, so many dam clones, so many dead trekies..... OH THE MEMORIES!!!

• Upvote 1

Pandora

:lol:

Animals running all over the place... Psychopathic Jedi Award Ceremonies... me being beligerant....-er... than I am now....

And those damn squirrels in the Boredom Thread!

E-wing

Squirrels?...... Ok what did i miss?

Bad furday

And there was that one time...when I realised that Legolas' quiver...was always full. :p

Uncle Du

Getting a stern talking to by Prin, but I'm sure I'm not the only one :p

She tried being stern with me once, but it didn't work out... ;)

I have many fond memories but what stands out the most to me is how we have gone from a rowdy collection of young people, largely still in high school, with HUGE differences in opinion that often resulted in flame wars and feuds to a close-knit group of friends who respect and gain strength from each others differences. We are a family, still dysfunctional, and Galactic Basic is our home.

And I am STILL like the randomly unavailable Uncle!! Cheers to ten more!! :D :D :D

Pandora

It was a loooooooooong time ago. :lol: I'm still creeped out by squirrels to this day.

And there was that one time...when I realised that Legolas' quiver...was always full. :p

:rofl: OMG!!! I forgot about that!!!!!

E-wing

It was a loooooooooong time ago. :lol: I'm still creeped out by squirrels to this day.

:nerves: oh really... and I bet you would freak out if you were to say... run in to a giant magical man eating squirrel... I just remembered I have something to do in my shop. *runs off*

Pandora

Actually.... I'd probably train it and add it to my collection...

Princess

How about our collection? :p

Bad furday

Ooooh there's gonna be a fight over the animals! :p

Pandora

Yeah, whatever. I'd still train it. :p

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.