Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Andy

Weddings

Andy

So, I'm off to my cousin's wedding today and I'm just wondering, am I the only person who doesn't care much for them? :p

And I have 4 this year to go to, fml!

If I ever find someone to get married to I hope they aren't too fussy! I don't want to make a fuss of the actual event, and afterwards just a few friends and maybe family if they are lucky. I'd probably agree to anything my partner wanted, though. :p

I mean I can see why people like big lavish ceremonies, but I don't fancy spending so much money on a single day of my life. Save all the money and have an epic honeymoon maybe! :D

Ayingel

Lol. We're actually (all things considered) not spending that much on my wedding! Currently, we're well under $10,000

Drake

My girlfriend and I are pretty much on the road to marriage. Neither of us really care about a fancy wedding. She told me that she cares more about spending money for a good honeymoon. ;)

We are both volunteers at our church and know a lot of people there so a small wedding will be out. Fortunately, being so integrated in our church, we can probably have everything done there for a discounted price. :D

Ayingel

Have friends do everything! I have friends making my hair pieces and doing ceremony flowers.

We also have found that having a venue with integrated vendors works wonders. We're getting (for free): cocktail hour, passed hors d'oeuvre, champagne toast, wine with dinner, reception flowers, wedding cake, honeymoon suite, gift opening room, ceiling draping, and dance floor.

James the Defender

Ours was great. Since we did it at our place of worship it was basically free, but all coules who marry at a Kingdom Hall are encouraged to donate something to operating costs, but if a couple doesn't have ti to give, no worries. An elder in our congregation married us, so no fee there.

The reception was free, too, because my aunt did the decorating, my other aunt paid for the fire hall, and all the guests voluntarily cooked food and brought it, and for them it was in lieu of any wedding gift. My parents and I split the hotel where Caity and I spent two days and then Caity and I paid for the honeymoon at the (New) Jersey shore.

Now, one of my best friends is getting married. He's pretty much already asked me to be his best man. I'm excited for the wedding! :D

Bad furday

*blabs* Aurelius is getting married! :p

Pandora

YAY!!!!!

Ayingel

Piiiiicked out my caaaaaaake. It will be yummy. And we're getting a custom design, too.

Ya'll had better be coming to taste its deliciousness.

Pandora

YAY!!!

Sin

Picked my colors

green. Hot pink and royal purple! Date is not in stone yet but we have an idea of whe. We would both Like it to be!

Ayingel

OMG. Now on top of my wedding, I'm planning my best friend's wedding (and all her showers)--which is in June.

Uncle Du

You know, being married twice, you'd think I would be a bit jaded towards the whole marriage thing, but I'm not (thank goodness). I think it's great when two people feel strongly enough to tie the knot! More power to ya! (and may you not be as naive and stupid as me!!) ;)

I have one to go to in April. Totally last minute, and it's my best friend. I don't think they're doing anything big or anything. I'll just be happy to go and get hammered! :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.