Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Princess

Darth Plagueis

Princess

He was the most powerful Sith lord who ever lived.
But could he be the only one who never died?

“Did you ever hear the Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise? It’s a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise that he could use the Force to influence the midi-chlorians to create life. He had such a knowledge of the dark side that he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying.”
—Supreme Chancellor Palpatine, Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith

Darth Plagueis: one of the most brilliant Sith Lords who ever lived. Possessing power is all he desires. Losing it is the only thing he fears. As an apprentice, he embraces the ruthless ways of the Sith. And when the time is right, he destroys his Master—but vows never to suffer the same fate. For like no other disciple of the dark side, Darth Plagueis learns to command the ultimate power . . . over life and death.

Darth Sidious: Plagueis’s chosen apprentice. Under the guidance of his Master, he secretly studies the ways of the Sith, while publicly rising to power in the galactic government, first as Senator, then as Chancellor, and eventually as Emperor.

Darth Plagueis and Darth Sidious, Master and acolyte, target the galaxy for domination—and the Jedi Order for annihilation. But can they defy the merciless Sith tradition? Or will the desire of one to rule supreme, and the dream of the other to live forever, sow the seeds of their destruction?

Edited by Princess

Princess

I'm super excited for this book and will be getting it Tuesday with some of my gift cards. I've been seeing excerpts on facebook from Del Ray and this looks like it's going to be a really good read

Mad Wook

I ordered it from Amazon and it told me it would be here by Tuesday. If it's not, I'm going to be most displeased.

Princess

I made it through the first chapter today. There's gonna be some interesting insights to the Force in it

Princess

This is interesting so far. Never would have thought that Darth Maul was the offspring of a Darksister

Princess

I'm getting close to the end and I'm slightly disappointed because I feel like the book has been a 50/50 split between Sidious and Plagueis and I want more Plagueis

Princess

I finished it last night and felt slightly disappointed. I felt that there wasn't enough about Darth Plagueis himself considered that the book was titled Darth Plagueis. There was more focus, I felt, on Sidious' rise to power than there was on the dynamics of the Force and Plagueis' attempts to manipulate the Force to his will. I wanted to know more about what made him "The wise" and kind of felt that it was too big of a time period to cram into a 350 page book

James the Defender

Finished it today. I enjoyed it, although I do not agree with Sith Force philosophy. I was going to try to read Bane: Rule of Two, but after reading this, I'm satisfied with my knowledge of the Sith, whom I dislike.

I did, however find myself liking Plagueis. I found him refreshing in that his first inclination was not violence, but rather negotiation whenever possible. I'm not a huge fan of Luceno's writing style, but this was enjoyable. He's come a long way since Agents of Chaos

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.