Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Drake

Fate of the Jedi: Apocalypse

Drake

There can be no surrender.
There will be no mercy.
It’s not just the future of the galaxy at stake—
It’s the destiny of the Force.

In the stunning finale of the epic Fate of the Jedi series, Jedi and Sith face off—with Coruscant as their battlefield. For the Sith, it’s the chance to restore their dominance over the galaxy that forgot them for so long. For Abeloth, it’s a giant step in her quest to conquer all life everywhere. For Luke Skywalker, it’s a call to arms to eradicate the Sith and their monstrous new master once and for all.

In a planetwide strike, teams of Jedi Knights take the Sith infiltrators by swift and lethal surprise. But victory against the cunning and savage Abeloth, and the terrifying endgame she has planned, is anything but certain. And as Luke, Ben, Han, Leia, Jaina, Jag, and their allies close in, the devastating truth about the dark side incarnate will be exposed—and send shock waves through the Jedi Order, the galaxy, and the Force itself.

Edited by Princess
Added Tags

Drake

After reading the excerpt in the back of Ascension, I'm pretty excited about this. One would think that, after the flop that was the Dark Nest Trilogy, the Killiks would leave me feeling blah. However, seeing them prepare for war (at least, I hope it is) is exciting. The dynamic between them and Raynar was fun. It looks like he will have an even greater role in the finale. Good!

Princess

It does look interesting and it had me giggling a few times. I'm looking forward to it

James the Defender

Should be interesting, without a doubt. Though the teaser up there gives away some of the plotline of what happens to the Sith. As all those Sith are swept away quickly, it may give some insight of what happens to Vestara. It would be a failure on Denning's part if she dies early in the book. I just hope this finale by him is far better than in the LOTJ series. Remember how small it was and how rushed it felt?

Radioactive Isotope

I've heard rumors that this book even redeems LOTF. That's a lot to live up to.

James the Defender

That's true. And, thank you, I got my LOTR, LOTF, and FOTJs crossed, lol.

Princess

I'll be picking this up tomorrow!

Princess

OMGWTFBBQ!!!!!!! I LOVED THIS BOOK!

More in depth analysis when I have some time

Mad Wook

Loved this story as far as it answered a lot of questions. Still sort of anticlimactic, which Denning is prone to be. Pretty good, not the best. Curious where they go from here.

Princess

I seriously couldn't put it down. I stayed up twice on nights off until 3 or 4am reading it

Mad Wook

Yeah I lost a decent amount of sleep too trying to see how it was all going to play out. Lets just say I enjoyed the destination more than I did the trip. The book ended good for me but it just never got me too worked up.

Princess

I dunno, I teared up when Barv died and when Leia and Allana weren't sure if Han was still alive and when they thought Leia got taken out by the Sith

Radioactive Isotope

Han has Plot Armor, so I was never too worried about him. Although I wasn't expecting him to come out literally without a scratch.

Just finished it, so I'm gonna have to wait until my mind gets over being blown. A wonderful end to the series.

Drake

Certainly an interesting conclusion to the series. It's a bit of a shame that they tied it into the plots of the Clone Wars travesty series. Now I'm going to have to watch the 3 episodes involving the Ones and the Mortis monolith. Sigh. Though, it may make for some interesting novels later involving the Ten Knights and their search for the dagger.

Not sure how I feel about the inclusion of Darth Krayt and teaming up with Luke to take down Abeloth. I was kind of hoping the Legacy comics were going to become apocrypha. Oh well.

James the Defender

I finally got my computer back up and running. I loved the book. I'm glad Vestara didn't die, though Denning was doing a darn good job of making me dislike her. I finished it last week, so nothing is fresh, but I thought it was anti-climactic, also. When Abeloth was done away with, I wasn't sure it was actually over. Oh, well, looking forward to the next books!

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.