Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Drake

BlizzCon 2011

Drake

The next BlizzCon will be held October 21-22 at the Anaheim Convention Center. Although, if anyone wanted to go in person, they'd be out of luck since the tickets are sold out!

Good thing you can still purchase a virtual ticket and watch the event streaming from home!

http://us.battle.net/blizzcon/en/live-stream/

Ayingel

Yup, I'm buying an online ticket. Also super jealous of my friend who's going AGAIN (even after losing his job) because he's gone for the past three years...

Drake

Nice! I'm looking forward to seeing what the loot's going to be. Also, I'm wondering what kind of announcements will be made. The Warcraft movie has been in the works for a while...maybe something about that.

Ayingel

I wanna find out what this "Mists of the Pandaren" thing they paid for is....

Drake

Xpac, methinks.

The code they registered it with (009 and 041) only appear for Blizzards games.

All I can say about this is...about damn time. Been waiting for Pandarens to join WoW since Burning Crusade! By giving the title their name, however, I doubt they would be stuck with just one faction. Perhaps they would be available for both factions? That would be interesting.

Ayingel

That's what I'm thinking? I don't know what other race they'd make playable...

Drake

They're running low. :p

Let's see...anything with more or less than two legs would be difficult to animate so no naga, centaurs, dryads/keepers of the grove. That leaves drakonids, furbolgs, gnolls, ogres, kobolds, arrakoa, sporelings, quillboar, murlocs lol.

Ayingel

Dude, I'd be sooooo okay with Alli getting Arakoa if Horde get Pandaren...

Drake

Yeah. I enjoyed killing those damn annoying birds in BC. The only problem with that is that you would need to find a pair that match the overall theme of the xpac. If they do add Pandarens as a playable race, they would have to make them neutral since players on both sides want them. Give them to one side exclusively and Blizz would earn the ire of the other.

A neat idea would be to have two distinct factions of Pandarens that are warring, on Pandaria, for control of the kingdom (similar to feudal China). Each faction would align themselves with the Alliance and Horde, respectively. By the end of these starter levels, the factions would reach an uneasy peace and your character would take off for Org/SW. After, the Pandaren capital could become a neutral city like Dalaran with their separate faction areas.

Ayingel

I like how you're thinking...

Drake

But the way Blizzard thinks isn't how everyone else thinks. :p

Andy

I think I'd be surprised if they added another playable race (or two) so soon. I think Blizzard will troll everyone by adding the Pandaren as a non-playable neutral faction. :p

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.