Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Mara

Choices of One (SPOILERS)

Mara

Well, what, like, four years later? we finally get a sequel. :p

I'll find a link to it later when I'm not feeling lazy.

Anyway, I just started this, and am only 3-4 chapters in.

Princess

Way to start a good discussion :roll:

The fate of the Rebellion rests on Luke Skywalker's next move.

But have the rebels entered a safe harbor or a death trap?

From #1 New York Times bestselling author Timothy Zahn comes a brand-new Star Wars adventure, set in the time between A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back and featuring the young Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Princess Leia Organa, and the beloved Mara Jade.

Eight months after the Battle of Yavin, the Rebellion is in desperate need of a new base. So when Governor Ferrouz of Candoras Sector proposes an alliance, offering the Rebels sanctuary in return for protection against the alien warlord Nuso Esva, Luke, Leia, Han, and Chewie are sent to evaluate the deal.

Mara Jade, the Emperor's Hand, is also heading for Candoras, along with the five renegade stormtroopers known as the Hand of Judgment. Their mission: to punish Ferrouz's treason and smash the Rebels for good.

But in this treacherous game of betrayals within betrayals, a wild card is waiting to be played.

Mara

I don't like reading/copying summaries, because they most often contain spoilers.

Anyway, just finished it this morning, and I have to say, it was pretty good. Better than I remember Allegiance to be.

Princess

It's the cover flap description

Mara

It's still a summary. :p

I don't read the inside jacket summaries either.

Princess

I finished it last night, and I found it interesting, but at times, it confused me. Here's what I thought

From the beginning I didn't like Master Axlon, there was just something hinky about him, so I wasn't at all surprised that he betrayed the Rebellion. I liked seeing Luke unsure of himself before his training with Yoda. Until the part when the Reef Diver finally appeared, I was really confused about where Car'das and Thrawn were. The entire time I read those parts, I was going "Where the frick are they?" I was also glad that Mara spared Ferrouz, he was totally set up and didn't deserve death.

The Hand of Justice was very cool. Were they in Allegiance?

Mara

The four stormtroopers? Yeah.

Princess

It'd been a while since I read it.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.