Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Princess

What is happening at Skywalker Ranch?

Princess

First they shut down the forums, then the Star Wars shop. and then today I went to look for information about a book and couldn't find it. It's dedicated to the Clone Wars now and nothing about comics or books. Someone needs to slap George across the face

Andy

Interesting. Looks very much like they are scaling back to save costs. I guess the cash isn't rolling in as thick as it used to be. :p

Radioactive Isotope

Probably because their latest ventures kinda suck? :p

Mara

I don't think Skywalker Ranch and the web site are really all that interconnected. :p

Plus, for the past few years I've noticed there's not much at: http://starwars.com/vault/books/ regarding regular books/novels, anyway.

*still, hides Skywalker Ranch T-shirt*

Ayingel

There's a writer or someone of that sort director propositioning George for a Boba Fett movie....

Edit: correction

Edited by Ayingel

Princess

Interesting. Looks very much like they are scaling back to save costs. I guess the cash isn't rolling in as thick as it used to be. :p

But why stop selling merchandise? :p

Ayingel

The site made it sound temporary, so maybe they're just changing servers...or if they use Digital River, it could be because they're moving to a new location...

Drake

I don't think it's a lack of funds. ILM and Skywalker Sound are pretty much doing every big movie these days.

Andy

But why stop selling merchandise? :p

I don't think the official store was the only place you can buy official merchandise from. ;)

There are overheads involved in running your own store, mainly in manpower and maintenance costs.

Mara

There's a writer or someone of that sort director propositioning George for a Boba Fett movie....

Edit: correction

Wait, what?

Ayingel

Yup. The director of Captain America was mentored by GL and is trying to stir up the idea

Radioactive Isotope

Oh, kriff, please no. As much as I'd love to see a Boba Fett movie, I don't want George anywhere near it.

Bad furday

I'd want someone who does really really dark movies. Maybe...oh I don't know...Giurlllmo Del Toro perhaps? Heh...I'd have a longer list of whom I DON'T want directing or anything ;) :p

Drake

When I get back from seeing Captain America tomorrow, I'll let you know how I feel about him doing Boba Fett. :p

Mara

Boba Fett doesn't deserve a movie.

Plus, I highly doubt GL would sell the rights to let someone else do any kind of SW-related movie without him involved as at least a producer.

Edited by Mara

Drake

Boba Fett absolutely deserves a movie. He's one of the best characters in Star Wars. If it were to be done, though, it would need to be dark. A lot darker than the other films. If it panders to the kids, it will be ruined.

Pandora

Agreed. And Lucas has always been good about signing off on spoofs and such (hello, remember Family Guy?). As a producer he might get let someone else direct it.

Drake

I remember a couple of films that were produced by Lucas but directed by other people and they turned out pretty good. What were they called again? Oh yeah...Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. :p

Mara

Boba Fett absolutely deserves a movie. He's one of the best characters in Star Wars. If it were to be done, though, it would need to be dark. A lot darker than the other films. If it panders to the kids, it will be ruined.

If any character in the SW universe got its own movie, it should be Artoo.

But anyway, I'm completely satisfied with the six saga films. Adding character-based movies would just be... silly, in my opinion, and cheapen the franchise (more so).

Edited by Mara

Andy

The trouble with that, Mara, is that there has already been a film where the main character is a small robot who can't talk. Any other film trying to do the same thing would just look like it was trying to copy Wall-e.

Did anybody see this? Lucas lost his legal battle to stop the guy who designed the stormtrooper helmets from selling replicas. It still breaches US copyright law apparently, but he is free to sell his replicas everywhere else:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14287864

Edited by beeurd

Mara

Because films have never been copied before. :p

Radioactive Isotope

What if Christopher Nolan did a Boba Fett movie? I'd go see it. :D

Ayingel

That would be quite a dark Boba Fett movie. I think he could capture some parts of Coruscant very well that way...

Tsl

I want a movie, documentary style, about the Sand People. :p

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.