Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Princess

EU Nostalgia

Princess

My first book was Planet of Twilight. I was on vacation, camping with my parents up in Tawas and there's this little bookstore up there called The Book Nook. It's a very cool small town book store with a very limited selection of books. I got it and read it while we were on vacation and I actually liked it, until I got to stuff that made much more sense and was better written.

Which was your first?

Bad furday

:p :hehe:

My first was Heir to the Empire. I was in middle school, and mum and I were in Barnes and Noble. I was stunned and the sheer amount of SW books ( paperback mostly, with some hardcovers thrown in) on the shelves infront of me. We asked one of the employees for assistance in finding which order to read the books. He showed me that there was a book timeline thingy on the inside, helpfully pointing out the reading order.

Well, long story shortened, I took home Heir to the Empire and loved it. Absolutely loved it, as it was (for me) the first time I'd ever read anything outside the original trilogy novelizations ( which I had only read for the first time in middleschool as well- did a 5th grade book report/diorama on Star Wars: A New Hope). It was just so great to go back into that fantastic, far far away world, and have it at once feel so familiar, and strange at the same time.

Drake

The Jedi Academy Trilogy when I was, like, ten. I wouldn't have wished to start with anything else.

Andy

Strangely enough I think my first SW book was Planet of Twilight, too. My second was the Crystal Star. It's a wonder I ever carried on! :p

Third time lucky though with Vector Prime. ;)

Ana

The Courtship of Princess Leia when I was twelve or thirteen. My dad saw it at a used bookstore and thought I might like it.

If only he'd known then what a monster he was creating... :p

CorSec

That would be the second book in the Han Solo Trilogy, The Hutt Gambit. I don't remember why.

James the Defender

I was a sophomore in band in High School when a freshman asked me if I liked Star Wars. I told him I did. I had marginal interest in SW, but not the interest I have now. He handed me Vector Prime and I've been hooked ever since! :D

Mara

Mine was also Heir to the Empire. I don't remember how old I was, but I think I was in high school--so late '90s, early '00s--so I got into the books a bit late. I think the NJO had already started when I started into the Thrawn trilogy.

Anyway, I had been browsing through the library, not sure what to read. (This was also how I discovered Michael Crichton). I was just looking through the shelves in the adult fiction area (or maybe it was the sci-fi/fantasy section? I dunno) and when I eventually got to the Z's, I noticed there were some Star Wars books. And quite frankly, this blew my mind. I had no idea they existed. I had joined starwars.com back in '98/'99 but hadn't exactly done much browsing except for updates on Ep. I, so hadn't even thought about looking for books. Though, I think before I got to the books I had already discovered the existence of Mara Jade via an image of Shannon Baska McRandle as Mara Jade on sw.com, and so seeing that she was involved, I picked it up and read it... and loved it.

It wasn't until after I read the Thrawn trilogy, and then the Duology, since they were all there in the Z's that I discovered there were more books than those five. And so I did some digging and eventually started at the beginning, chronologically, with the Han Solo trilogy. (There were none of the Sith/Old Republic books yet). And now I think I've read about 95% of the SW books in existence (at least the adult ones).

Radioactive Isotope

Mine was Heirs of the Force from the Young Jedi Knights series.

TheUnknown

The Emperor's Plague, one of the Young Jedi Knights books.

Tsl

The Courtship of Princess Leia, which I was bullied into reading by my friends in Junior High, who happened to be rabid SW fans whereas I had only seen Space Balls. I actually read it as well as the Thrawn Trilogy before seeing the movies :o

Sin

My real dad spent 3 years in Paris and right next to there apartment was viedo store, the only movie that they had in English was the OT...I got my brother and sister hooked..when it got time for me to leave dad let took me to the book store and said he would buy on book...so I quickly grab The Courtship of Princess Leia! Spent the whole flight home reading and have never stopes.

Princess

I was in the bookstore where I got my first SW book today

Mad Wook

Heir to the Empire, when it was first released in 91 or 92. I think Dark Force Rising was already in stores. Have gotten nearly every novel on or around its release date ever since.

Winters

Mine was oddly enough X-Wing: Rogue Squadron, however I was very young and I really didn't know what I was reading. I still read that copy when it first came out... oh dear that was a long time ago...

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.