Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Princess

The Dresden Files

Princess

I'm up to Death Masks now and the one liners are just getting better and better. Butcher's got some serious talent

Pandora

*giggles insanely* I abso-freaking-lutely LOVE Dresden. That poor guy, he just needs to get laid. Death Masks is pretty intense in the eeeeeeeevil department. I love Michael... "Don't yadda yadda the Lord, Harry, it's disrespectful."

Butcher's talent is rather impressive. I mean, the series by all rights should be awful and campy as hell but Butcher just puts such an awesome spin on it that it isn't. The last one, Changes is the most emotionally intense by far. I won't spoil it, but ohemgee, there are some gut-wrenchingly horrendous scenes and you just want cry, but then Butcher will inject some hilarious joke in the guise of an observation of absurdity on Harry's part, and you just lose it.

And think about Summer Knight, how he sums up the climatic battle in that one... something about saving the damsel that's been turned to stone by the evil Faerie Queen before she unravels a magic hankie and kills said damsel on a giant Flinstones table?! I can just picture Butcher telling his wife what he's working on and she sums it up like that, completely deflating the grandeur and seriousness of the plot.

Other than Harry, who's your favorite character so far?

Princess

Probably Bob

Pandora

Hee hee yeah. I love Sanya. Have you met Sanya yet?

Princess

Yeah, not exactly what you'd expect for a knight of the Cross

Pandora

Yeah, a black Russian!

Princess

The flaming-poo-flinging monkey demons are probably my favorite bad guys so far

Pandora

Oh I know! I can't even think about that sequence without cracking up. I read that before bed one night while Daniel was showering. I laughed so hard for so long that he thought there was something wrong. Stupid little notch eared puppy. :rofl:

Princess

I was laughing so hard at White Knight the other night at work that someone asked me what I was reading was so funny.

Pandora

I can totally commiserate! Even when the big picture is really really serious, there's always a humor break.

"Don't look at me like that. It seemed like a good idea at the time." <--- Fav quote. I love how it's written so that Harry constantly commentates to the reader along the way.

Princess

So, I play Kidnap on Facebook and there was a question about Chicen Itza that I knew the answer to because of Changes

Pandora

Cool! I really learned a lot from the Dresden Files...

Pandora

:cry: I want Ghost Story to be out now!!! I can't take it! I miss Harry!!!!! :cry:

Princess

One more month Pod!

Pandora

I know!!!! *bites nails*

Princess

FOUR DAYS AND TWO HOURS!

Princess

Barnes and Noble just called. Off I go!

Pandora

No spoilers! I need to wait till next week probably. :-(

Princess

That's no fun! We've already waited a year! I'm on chapter 14 already

Pandora

I know. I might breakdown and get it but I cant afford to spend every moment reading it

Princess

Oh

My

GOD!

Princess

I can't believe that Harry arranged his own murder with Kincaid in an attempt to get out of his deal with Mab. And then have Molly do some mind mojo on him so that he'd forget about it and so that Mab wouldn't know what he had set up. I teared up when Harry got to see Maggie and I can't wait to see what happens when Harry starts his duties as the Winter Knight

Pandora

Dammit! I want to click show sooooooo bad!!!!!!!!!

Princess

Lemme tell you, your jaw is going to drop

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.