Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Drake

Reconsidering Canon

Drake

I found this fan-theory that puts a different spin on some of the untold canon between episodes III and IV. Some of it may be a stretch or out-of-date by now but it's still a pretty cool theory. Also, pay no attention to the writer's horrendous spelling...

http://www.morningstar.nildram.co.uk/A_New_Sith.html

Thinking of Chewie and R2 as undercover Rebel agents makes them even more awesome. :D

Bad furday

*Wookiee roar of approval*

That's even better than my theory that A New Hope is a comedic look at R2's inability to kill Luke Skywalker. :p

Ender

That's really cool but I heard through Penny Arcade that there's some kind of canonical holy war going on in the universe right now. I haven't read any EU books for a couple years, so does anyone know what's up with that?

Bad furday

I think the Jedi are finally getting what was coming to them :p

*Dalek voice* EXTERMINAAAAATE!!!!!

I mean um...I think now that Jacen Solo has stopped being the biggest dick the galaxy has ever seen (Legacy of the Force story arc), the question is now what to do with the Jedi, as they started it. Those books are in hardcover, so I'm waiting for them to come out in paperback.

Drake

I think the holy war (and I'm just guessing here) may be over the new animated series and their portrayal of the Mandalorians as mostly pacifists and the planet Mandalore as a nuclear wasteland. Something like that.

Princess

That and between Karen Traviss and Lucasfilm with Lucasfilm destroying the entire heritage that she built for the Mandos

Drake

Which was exactly what I was talking about. :p

Bad furday

Oh yeah... :( That really does suck. I liked those books, which I thought, are very well written. Once you read them, you see things from the clone's point of view...and see Episodes 2 and 3 in a different light. You also hate the Jedi. :p;)

All I can imagine is George Lucas saying ( in the Yosemite Sam voice) "Yer makin' it good! So stop it with yer do-goodery! I'm gonna have to ewok it up!!" :p :(

Princess

*snickers*

Chickenman

That and between Karen Traviss and Lucasfilm with Lucasfilm destroying the entire heritage that she built for the Mandos

Well hold on, she hostilely took over the Mando'a in the first place, then made them the Mary Sues of the galaxy. I enjoyed her work in the Republic Commando series, and the one book I've read of LotF was adequate. But she was the one claiming ownership of something that wasn't really her property to begin with, and then acted all uppity when the real owners told her to cut it out.

Princess

She was the only one writing about them. She had a whole culture to create for bounty hunters.

Chickenman

There was a lot of history already established about the Mandalorians that, as I remember it, she ignored or tossed out. But I'm not really complaining because she did an excellent job of it for the most part, as much as I've read.

"Hostilely took over" was a poor choice of words. She was, after all, contracted to write the very first story entirely from the clones' point of view, and again, she did an excellent job with at least the first two books of the Republic Commando series (still need to read the others). Over time though, it seems she turned the Mandalorians into an entire culture of perfect Mary Sues. I can't really speak too much on it, since i only know about it through broad strokes, but eh. Then she apparently focused too much on them during Legacy. Again, I don't know how true that is yet.

And I completely agree with her on the Mandalorians as pacifists thing. What the HELL were they thinking?

Bad furday

So I was listening to The Forcecast podcast, and in one of their discussions about The Clone Wars tv show, they realised that in A New Hope, a major clue is dropped with Tarkin and Vader.

In the meeting room scene, where Tarkin and Vader are talking- and Vader is like, "HE is here!" and Tarkin's all like, "Obi Wan Kenobi? What makes you think so?"

And Vader says, "A Tremor in the force- the last time I felt it was in the presense of my old master." Which Tarkin follows with, " Surely he must be dead by now!"

Well anyway, the theory is that Tarkin is one of the few who knows that Vader is really Anakin Skywalker- he's certainly smart enough to put the pieces together.

Princess

I never thought of that

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.