Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Andy

A little help?

Andy

Okay, so I'm working on the timelien then, like a good little webmaster. But I'm stuck...

I've written a brief intro to each era of the timeline, and this is what I have:

Old Republic era

25,000 - 1,000 years before the Battle of Yavin was a tumultuous time of expansion, as the Galactic Republic grew into existance, and enlightened individuals formed the Jedi Order.

This period of galactic history was not without peril, however, and as the Republic expanded it came into contact with it's deadliest enemies; the Sith Empire.

Rise of the Empire era

1,000 - 0 years before the Battle of Yavin were the twilight years of the Old Republic. After the defeat of the Sith the Republic grew complacent, and corruption began to seep in as if guided by an unseen hand.

Even the noble Jedi Order, sworn peacekeepers and guardians of the Force, were unable to prevent the fulfilment of an ancient dark prophecy...

Rebellion era

0 - 4 years after the Battle of Yavin began with a triumphant moment, when those who stood against the Galactic Empire that had replaced the old Republic finally won their first victory.

As the Emperor remained confident that the Alliance to Restore the Republic would be crushed, the rebels chipped away at the Empire's forces; and slowly but surely the tide began to turn...

New Republic era

5 - 25 years after the Battle of Yavin saw the Alliance succeed in their plans to create a New Rebublic, but the death of the Emperor was only the beginning of a long hard road fraught with danger.

The New Republic struggled onwards, hoping to restore diplomatic relations with many of the worlds subjugated by the Empire; but not all that they met were friendly to their cause...

New Jedi Order era

25 - 40 years after the Battle of Yavin saw the New Republic plunged into war once again, as the extra-galactic Yuuzhan Vong mounted a full-scale invasion of the galaxy.

The re-established Jedi Order, and the heroes of the past found that the rules had changed; even the Force wouldn't save them, and nobody was invunerable...

Legacy era

Beyond 40 years after the Battle of Yavin was a time where stuff happened in books and comics that I haven't got round to reading yet.

I'm sure it's very interesting though, so if somebody else could write this introduction for me, I'd be very grateful...

As you can see... I'm struggling with the last one. :p

Edited by Andy

Chickenman

I'm pretty knowledgeable about the Legacy comics (I'd wager most knowledgeable about the comics on this site) but I'm still working through the books.

James the Defender

I'm knowledgeable about the books but have never touched the comics...or any comics for that matter, :p

Mara

Cheat and use Wookieepedia? :p

James the Defender

Nice :p

Andy

On an unrelated note; do you have any idea how many publications occur at year zero before/after ANH?

Needs a timeline of it's own at this rate. :roll:

Mara

Sometimes timelines will give .5 year dates... sometimes.

Andy

Yeah there are a few. Not many though, and mostly where they aren't that helpful. :p

Mara

I just wish the timeline of books they published in the front of the books was accurate. With some series, they've stuck all the books together, even though going with the timeline, there would be other books in between.

Andy

With some series, they've stuck all the books together, even though going with the timeline, there would be other books in between.

That does my head in!

It is definitely nowhere near that simple. As you will see... :p

Mara

:p

It messed me up to, because earlier they did all the books chronologically no matter what series they were splitting up, and that's what I used to copy down the timeline. But now they've messed it all up! :p

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.