Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
jedimaster1043

Clone Wars Explanation

jedimaster1043

I'm trying to figure out the CG clone wars cartoons.

My understanding is that there are 2 seasons from cartoon network (which are awesome), 2 CG seasons, a galaxy divided, and a CG movie.

What I am wondering is if the CG seasons and movie are any good. Also, what is a galaxy divided? Is it totally separate, or is it an excerpt from one of the seasons?

Drake

Swear fealty to the original Clone Wars cartoon series. Ignore the new CG series entirely. It is terribad.

I think A Galaxy Divided is just a 4-episode "waste of money" disc for the new show. I would just buy the full season box-set...if that show didn't blow.

Andy

The original cartoon series was bad (and canon-destroying) enough. :p

Not seen any of the new one though, so can't comment on it.

Radioactive Isotope

I saw the movie. It was an ok movie, but a terrible Star Wars movie. Ol' Georgie is DEFINITELY catering to a much younger audience.

Chickenman

The movie was horrible, as were the first couple of episodes of the series, but I think it's definitely grown into it's own, especially in the second season. It's still very kiddie though, which would be tolerable if it wasn't dealing with a war. While you do have characters dying, and Ahsoka learning over and over that war is hell, you still get the sense that it's playtime for her. I much prefer the comics, which are bleak and hopeless...you know, like actual war.

And yeah, it's made canon its bitch. It's just...it's insane how badly they've destroyed continuity.

Mara

I didn't see much of the original animated one.

The Clone Wars CG movie was just stupid and still. I think I laughed 90% of the time.

The series, though, is pretty good. I'm about 3/4 of the way through it. Better than the movie. And, yes, I believe Galaxy Divided is just 4 episodes that they released to suck you of your money before releasing the full season on DVD. I think there is another 4-episode set besides that, with another name.

I would say you could skip the CG movie and go right to the TV series. There's not much that happens in the movie that you need for the series.

jedimaster1043

Ok, thanks for the comments

I'll steer clear of galaxy divided and I'll pick the first season up. I'll probably pick up the movie also, cuz I'm a sucker for any media that says star wars on it.

Chickenman

The Clone Wars CG movie was just stupid and still. I think I laughed 90% of the time.

The other 10% were the jokes, right?

Mara

What jokes? Clone Wars was a serious film. ;) :p

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.