Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Uncle Du

I'm posting this on the eve of AC2 release. Hopefully I will be there at midnight picking it up.

The first one was awesome. Some say it got a little repetitive, but the free running and climbing was awesome. Ubi did an incredible job rendering the cities of Jerusalem, Acre and Damascus (can't remember the others). The story line is also very compelling, and melds very well with the actual history books. If you haven't played the first, I highly recommend it. I know that it's available for download on XBox Live. Not really sure about PSN.

Edited by TheUnknown
Added Tags

Ender

I can't wait for this. Good thing I've got a gig on Thursday to pay for it.

Uncle Du

Ubi never ceases to amaze me. I noticed something extraordinary last night when I was playing.

There's a side quest where you examine glyphs scattered throughout the realm on historic buildings. Every time you find one, you have to solve a puzzle to unlock the file itself. One of the puzzles I was doing, you have to look at a series of pictures under infrared and find the piece of eden. I examined the first two and found it, and the third pic is a picture of Ghandi on the the Salt March or whatever. I was looking for the piece of eden and while I was, I stumbled upon something else. I didn't know what it was at first, but after I checked it our for a second I got it: it's friggin MORSE CODE HIDDEN IN THE PICTURE!!! So I wrote it all down and deciphered it when I had a chance. I didn't notice this code until the third pic, so I dunno if it was in the other two, but I'm sure there was. Freakin' incredible. It gave me chills when I found that.

If anyone finds other things like this when they're playing, PLEASE let me know.

Uncle Du

OK, so I haven't beaten it yet, but I have to say, this is one of the most compelling games that I have ever played. What is really cool is if you know a little bit about Italian Renaissance history, you know something of the rivalry between the Medici and the Pazzi.

In the game, Ezio (the assassin) is the one responsible for killing and hanging one of the Pazzi from the Palazzo della Signoria. While not entirely accurate (it was Francesco Salviati that was hanged), it is really cool to see it woven into the fabric of history.

There is a lot more historically accurate events that occur in the game, and Ubi does a really good job of making all the conspiracies seem true to life.

This game has not ceased to amaze me with it's depth. I know that it's going to crummy reviews from people because there are still some flaws in the gameplay. I for one can't stand when I am jumping off a roof and head in a direction that I didn't want. Small things like that are frustrating, especially when faced with a platforming puzzle to accomplish, but other than that, it's the true DEPTH to this game that makes it one of the best in my eyes. The lengths that they have gone to with embedding codes and puzzles in parts of the game that are already optional, simply astounds me. I wonder how many fools out there are going to sith on this game, yet never actually noticed the nuances and secrets of it. Play this game....if you're smart enough... ;)

TheUnknown

Can I just say I wasn't that impressed? The graphics are really good and it's fun to randomly run across rooftops and shank guards, but it's really repetitive. Plus, I've read up on some of the overall story. Really? NASA is a front group for the Templars? The moon landing was done to build a moon base for the Templars?

Uncle Du

Where did that NASA stuff come from?? I just beat AC: Brotherhood the other day, and I never noticed anything about NASA lol. There is a lotta stuff about how Edison, and Ford and a buncha of other entrepreneurs are all Templars. I can't get enough of this series.

Though unbelievable at times, I'm all about it.

TheUnknown

I read that somewhere on the Assassin's Creed wikia.

TheUnknown

I estimate I'm about 3/4 done with Assassin's Creed II.  I'm liking it a lot more, even though I still think the story is written by paranoid schizophrenics who are off their meds.

Ayingel

I just started AC2 not that long ago when it was free on XBox and I'm hooked.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.