Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
Andy

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Andy

Finished the single player campaign this morning, and I have to say it was pretty awesome. I love they were still willing to put out a decent single player campaign with this instalment, when they could so easily have done a half-arsed job of it to focus on the multiplayer aspect and ship it out quicker and cheaper.

Not sure who has played it, but you might have heard of the controversial airport mission;

where you play as an undercover CIA agent accompanying a terrorist group mowing down tourists in a busy airport terminal

. I was a little shocked when this level started, but I wasn't offended... It all added to the storyline, and it's an optional level.

The story itself has a few cool twists and the developers have done an awesome job of getting the atmosphere looking pretty darn incredible, especially the night levels set in

Washington, DC

The soundtrack was suburb too, which combined with the intense situations and lighting/atmospheric conditions took me back to the days of playing the epic WW2 storylines of the original CoD and CoD2.

As with the first Modern Warfare, CoD4, it is pretty much an alternate reality, and focuses mostly on the USA.

Incidentally, it seems that Activision are doing a Jedi Knight/Dark Forces mover here, and spinning Modern Warfare into a series independant from the Call of Duty franchise. My only hope is that when the inevitable Modern Warfare 3 goes into development, Activision leave it to Infinity Ward, and don't let Treyarch touch it. However, I have heard that Treyarch are developing a project preliminarily titled Call of Duty 7.

Either way, Modern Warfare 2 provided an awesome single player campaign, and I look forward to checking out the multiplayer modes.

Further proof that Activision-Blizzard is one of the leading comapnies in the gaming world.

Uncle Du

I didn't really like CoD4, I know I know, I'm crazy. Do you think I would like this one?

CorSec

What system did you buy it for beeurd?

Edited by CorSec

Andy

What system did you buy it for beeurd?

I didn't really like CoD4, I know I know, I'm crazy. Do you think I would like this one?

Probably not, then. :p

Edited by Andy

Uncle Du

Oh well. :p

Ender

I don't have the game yet, but I have to know; did Captain Price survive?

Andy

I don't have the game yet, but I have to know; did Captain Price survive?

He does put in an appearance. lol

CorSec

Not sure if you any of you are still playing this online, but there's a pretty obnoxious (and hilarious) kit setup that's getting popular right now.

Basically you run with:

- an assault rifle with a grenade launcher attachment

- Equipment is claymores

- Perks are Danger Close (more explosive damage/radius), and One Man Army (switch classes at any time during play). Third perk and death streak perk are up to you

- Kill streaks are set up as Predator Missile, Harrier Strike and Chopper Gunner

Basically this build exploits the fact that using One Man Army refills your ammo and equipment. So you start the match by playing cautiously, using your grenade launcher and claymores to effect. Once you're "out of ammo" you "switch" classes to the same class you're playing, giving you two more grenades and another claymore. Basically you use this refill as often as you need it until you climb the ladder to your kill streak rewards which are quite impressive (and normally difficult to obtain).

Unlimited grenade launcher ammo is a little broken. IW needs to get on this by changing the One Man Army perk somehow.

Andy

I'm still playing when people ask me too, lol.

Never thought of that though. Don't think I have Danger Close yet.

And I suck at getting kill streaks, so I get mine at 3, 4 and 5 kills.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.