Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Andy

Kevin J Anderson

Andy

Okay, so I'm reading book 2 of the Jedi Academy trilogy right now and I'm realising how much he sucks.

Just thought you'd like to know. :p

Chickenman

His books have entertained me, but I've always wondered what happens when he writes a book that doesn't include a superweapon.

Ender

I read most of that Saga of the Seven Suns series he did and it was pretty good as I remember, though its been a couple of years. I know he just released a new fantasy novel, but it sounds like a complete ripoff of Michael A. Stackpole's Cartomancy series, which was excellent.

Andy

I dunno, from reading this it's like he tries too hard to find an excuse to recount events of the films, or have someone say the exact line they said in the films. Pssh.

Seriously, it's like, every single friggin' chapter. As cringe-worthy as Lucas' script for AotC...

Edited by Andy

Mara

I like his stuff. :p

But the Dune novels are most recent in my memory, not the Academy trilogy.

Radioactive Isotope

i heard his Dune novels are horrid. but compared with the original series by Frank Herbert, any attempted reproduction probably would be. it's tough to match a masterpiece such as Dune.

i mean, Paul and Chani gholas/reincarnations/whatever? the Fremen took their water. there's no flesh left to make a ghola. bah.

Mara

Well, the last couple novels the authors (including Frank's son Brian) were going from Frank's notes, making the last book into a two-parter 'cause it was so long.

As for the other books, those are all prequels, also co-written with Brian Herbert. And I thought they captured all the original magic of the original ones by Frank. I've enjoyed them all so far.

Emperor Fel I

I like his books, they are written well.

jedimaster1043

ya, maybe the the sun crusher was pretty cheasy

Even with the cheese I loved the Jedi Academy trilogy (I was really young when I read them though)

Chickenman

Well there was The Sun Crusher, The Death Star Prototype, Darskaber, and I'm sure there were others. He did really well with The Young Jedi Knights series, and the Tales of the Jedi comics...I'm still undecided. They're either great or not great.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.