Galactic Basic Discord Read more... ×
  • Join in

We would be honored if you would join us...

Sign in to follow this  
MsSolo

Aaron Allston's Heart Attack

MsSolo

I've not been around for a while, so I don't know if this has come up before, but the Seach function suggests it hasn't. And I thought you guys'ld like to know!

Basically, Aaron Allston had a heart attack last september. He's blogged about it and what led up to it, and now he's just trying to finish paying for it. I admire him for sharing what happened so thoroughly and so candidly; he goes into a lot of detail about the preceding events and the impact of his diabetes on his general health, and some of his mental health issues.

Also, apparently it's thrown him back into writing, which is good for us, and I guess it's good for him too because without medical insurance he's dependent on his writing to pay off his medical debt now. There's a collection on his behalf, if anyone would like to throw a little extra support his way, and apparently there's anauction, but the link I have for it isn't working. Also, now's to go buy all of his x-wing books (though it's not like there's ever been a bad time to!).

Mostly, I'm glad he's okay. It'd be a loss to the EU and to sci fi in general, and I hope he's looking after himself a bit better now.

Andy

Whoa I never heard of that one! :(

Glad he's still with us, he is probably my favourite SW author! I'll have to check out that blog...

And good to see you again! lol, hope you're well :)

James the Defender

Wow... I'm glad he's still alive... He's my favorite SW author

Chickenman

He's definitly one of my favorites.

I think my favorite though, was when Ernest Hemingway took a turn in the New Jedi Order series. Or even when e. e. cummings authored an Ewoks pop-up book.

I'd say it's a toss-up between the three.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.